Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Muller Greek Style yoghurt, the coconut one to die for but normally soooooooooo expensive and small pots. I always have two, well one doesnt cut it ha ha

Tesco had a massive tray of British strawberries for £3 odd yesterday. Was seriously tempted but as my daughter is away for the weekend I wouldn't have got through them on my own. Was great standing there smelling them though, so reminded me of strawberry picking as a kid.

suzyflo said:
Not sure if it's still on but last week Morrisons had humongous 400g packs of blueberries for £2.

Thanks! I love morrisons fruit! I hope the blueberries are still on offer =o) I'm kind of hoping they have strawberries on offer as I really really want some today!! c

Birdmummy said:
Tesco had a massive tray of British strawberries for £3 odd yesterday. Was seriously tempted but as my daughter is away for the weekend I wouldn't have got through them on my own. Was great standing there smelling them though, so reminded me of strawberry picking as a kid.

Hmmm, maybe I will have to do a Tesco shop instead of Morrisons! I need strawberries and wanted some today!

One thing I've noticed about Tesco (and Asda) strawberries is that they're still slightly green as if they're not quite ready to be picked, and they're not a really deep red colour but very pale. That usually puts me off buying them. I've always had good luck with Morrisons strawberries, as they are always the right colour, although for fruit and veg I will go to our local green grocer 9 times out of 10. I find their stuff much cheaper and it lasts a lot longer - but I'm not at home today so I can choose either Morrisons (& they have the offer on petrol if you spend £60) Asda or Tesco!

You've definitely made me think because I want strawberries so bad today! I may have to take a special trip to Tesco to get strawberries then go to Morrisons for the rest...unless the Tesco strawberries look pale in which case I will go to Morrisons and just buy theirs! Decisions decisions!!

I was in Morrisons yesterday and I'm sure they had an offer on strawberries too, I think they were half price...not 100% sure what the offer was but I think that was it x

thefinalcountdown said:
I was in Morrisons yesterday and I'm sure they had an offer on strawberries too, I think they were half price...not 100% sure what the offer was but I think that was it x

Oh brill! Thanks so much! I'll risk just going to morrisons then, and hope the strawberries are on offer! x

Sainsbury's also have half price on strawberries (£2 for 400g) and on cherries (£2 for 250g) and they're both really good. I usually find strawberries/cherries are a bit hit and miss wherever I buy them from, but I've had three punnets of strawberries and two cherries and they've all been really yummy!

This makes me laugh, can't believe we are all having such dilemmas about where to buy our strawberries and cherries. I suppose its better than trying to deliberate between having cadburys or galaxy chocolate :)

Birdmummy said:
This makes me laugh, can't believe we are all having such dilemmas about where to buy our strawberries and cherries. I suppose its better than trying to deliberate between having cadburys or galaxy chocolate :)

So true!

Asda has Alpen Light Bars for £1 a box. :)

delphi said:
Asda has Alpen Light Bars for £1 a box. :)

Lol bought 10 boxes of cherry bake well.....

Whoop whoop!

Asda also has Low Low cheese spread at £1 instead of £1.30 or something.

Kara coconut milk is £1 and in my local Asda (Langley Mill) they had packets of bite size whole wheat dried pasta at 20 p a bag instead of 95p. Think it was an end of line or overstock...

Ophelia105 said:
Lol bought 10 boxes of cherry bake well.....

Whoop whoop!

Asda also has Low Low cheese spread at £1 instead of £1.30 or something.

Kara coconut milk is £1 and in my local Asda (Langley Mill) they had packets of bite size whole wheat dried pasta at 20 p a bag instead of 95p. Think it was an end of line or overstock...

They had the pasta in mine too.... really hope its not end of line!

Sainsbury's have half price Quorn Wild Garlic and Parsley sausages and half price chef's selection Smoked Chilli and Lime burgers at the mo x

Back