Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Often for the (slimming)world-famous curry loaf. Recipe should be easy to find, uses batchors curry rice and a few eggs. I can imagine it gets the old digestion going nicely lol!

It's lovely made into the loaf- I made it today :)

I've also eaten it with rice, handy when you don't have time to make anything.

In our aldi it's not with the tins (where you would expect it to be) but in the baskets of special offers near the freezer

Well Asda again and no luck with the CPD...in fact I asked 2 staff members who said they'd never heard of it, and that was the response I got in Aldi last week. Yes it's never on the shelves with the tinned goods in Aldi...it's always somewhere else. I think perhaps Asdas big "superstores " have it, but not the smaller ones. One of my "cyber" friends picked up 4 cans last week from her Asda......think she's in Wales.....too far to go...lolol!!
I haven't made it into anything else, just from the tin with boiled rice, I think it's scrumptious! x

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1389833599.401404.jpg

How odd, they sell it! Try another member if staff I believe it's in the ethnic food aisle.

Product number is 414680 if that helps in your quest!

I usually use chickpea dahl as a base for curry. Add Quorn pieces and loads of veg and some spices and stuff. If you want to make it last a good few portions chuck some tinned tomatoes in too. I usually get 3 or 4 BIG portions out of mine. It's very nice with chunks of sweet potato in :)

Nice food alert!
Iam generally not a huge fan of cottage cheese, usually find all flavours tasteless but.......this TESCO HEALTHY LIVING cottage cheese with sweet chilli is just divine! My fave snack on some HEXB ryvitas!
This cottage cheese used to be syned too but its now syn free and........it is currently 3 for 2 at £1.25 each yum yum so I came home with 3 tubs!IMAG0477.jpg

I'd never heard of that variety of cottage cheese! I'm definitely going to have to add that to my weekend shopping list. Thank you!! :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Nice food alert!
Iam generally not a huge fan of cottage cheese, usually find all flavours tasteless but.......this TESCO HEALTHY LIVING cottage cheese with sweet chilli is just divine! My fave snack on some HEXB ryvitas!
This cottage cheese used to be syned too but its now syn free and........it is currently 3 for 2 at £1.25 each yum yum so I came home with 3 tubs!View attachment 120382

Good to see you posting again Nat xx

Lauren.....thanks for that. I've made a note of the number and then perhaps can ask when it's coming in...if it does! I'll nip down AGAIN, and ask them. I asked 1 chap, 1 woman, and then the till operator as I left...none of them had any idea what I was talking about. My friend who works in Morrisons couldn't find it in there either.
Today in Aldis they had all new tins of chilli, curry, and different "ethnic" type stuff....no CPD....sigh! x

Oh my what a hassle! Well I'm gonna go in there as I need chick peas to make onion Bhajiis so I shall see if I have any luck!! :)

Lauren.....thanks for that. I've made a note of the number and then perhaps can ask when it's coming in...if it does! I'll nip down AGAIN, and ask them. I asked 1 chap, 1 woman, and then the till operator as I left...none of them had any idea what I was talking about. My friend who works in Morrisons couldn't find it in there either.
Today in Aldis they had all new tins of chilli, curry, and different "ethnic" type stuff....no CPD....sigh! x

After looking through all the tinned veg and ethnic foods I found mine in Morrisons,up on the top shelf between all the ready made Indian and Chinese curry sauces. It was only a small display,2 tins wide and needed a keen eye lol!!! Good luck in your search :)

I think I'm getting addicted to looking for it!!.......lol x

Back