Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Thanks for the tips folks, off shopping soon. School holidays so finding it hard to not pick between meals :/

:cry: Danone have "de-listed" their Shape 0% Vanilla & Vanilla with Sprinkles yoghurt :cry:

I loved one in my morning porridge, so creamily indulgent for only 0.5 & 1 syn respectively.

They've replaced them with the Coconut & Pineapple - which are free at least, but not quite the same in porridge :sigh:

:cry: Danone have "de-listed" their Shape 0% Vanilla & Vanilla with Sprinkles yoghurt :cry:

I loved one in my morning porridge, so creamily indulgent for only 0.5 & 1 syn respectively.

They've replaced them with the Coconut & Pineapple - which are free at least, but not quite the same in porridge :sigh:
Oh no my mam loves them! I have tried a pack of the coconut and pineapple and they're very nice though

Oh no my mam loves them! I have tried a pack of the coconut and pineapple and they're very nice though

Yes Rochelle, they certainly are very nice but they don't touch that spot like the vanilla with sprinkles in porridge.:D

Morning, sorry to butt in, but the new coconut & pineapple yogurts aren't free, according to the slimming world web site :-(

Danone, Activia Summer Specials Yogurt Exotic Pineapple & Coconut . (125g pot)3½3½3½

Last edited:
Morning, sorry to butt in, but the new coconut & pineapple yogurts aren't free, according to the slimming world web site :-(

Danone, Activia Summer Specials Yogurt Exotic Pineapple & Coconut . (125g pot)3½3½3½

Not butting in at all GlamUp - but are you sure you've looked at the same thing?

The one I'm on about is a Special Edition 0% Fat (not summer special). Before I re-joined club I compared the NV with a Muller Light & it compared neigh-on exactly but I've since put it through the calculator (because it's not on Syns On-line yet) & it deffo came up free. :confused:

Has anyone found (and tried) the Slim Pasta/Rice/Noodles which are available from H&B (possibly other places too)? I've bought a couple of pouches - not particularly cheap normally but as they're included in the 1p sale they work out at £1.25 per pouch.
The really good thing about them is that they can be used as a decent serving on Original for only a fraction of the syns. The rice for instance is 1 syn for 200g :eek:
The Pasta & the Noodles will be 2 syns for the 200g pouch!!! There's absolutely no Protein, Carb or Fat in them but they do have 3.5g of Fibre / 100g.
I'll post my opinion after I try one of the Rice for lunch :D

product-banner.png

Forgot to add - they're Gluten free & ready in 2 mins > ideal for work too (as long as they're not rank :)).

Last edited:
Forgot to add - they're Gluten free & ready in 2 mins > ideal for work too (as long as they're not rank :)).

I'm interested in your opinion because I looked them up and most of the reviews say they are horrible, slimy weird texture and fishy smell and taste. The reviews make them seem not worth it for the price.

GlamUp, if these are the ones you meant - they're not the ones I meant :D I can't find a pic of mine yet, but will keep trying.

0012_Pineapple_coco1.png

Has anyone found (and tried) the Slim Pasta/Rice/Noodles which are available from H&B (possibly other places too)? I've bought a couple of pouches - not particularly cheap normally but as they're included in the 1p sale they work out at £1.25 per pouch.
The really good thing about them is that they can be used as a decent serving on Original for only a fraction of the syns. The rice for instance is 1 syn for 200g :eek:
The Pasta & the Noodles will be 2 syns for the 200g pouch!!! There's absolutely no Protein, Carb or Fat in them but they do have 3.5g of Fibre / 100g.

product-banner.png

Well that's worth knowing, thank you ;)

I'm interested in your opinion because I looked them up and most of the reviews say they are horrible, slimy weird texture and fishy smell and taste. The reviews make them seem not worth it for the price.

Bugger, bugger, bugger - why didn't I think of checking the reviews :doh:.

Hey ho - who knows, I might think they're the best thing since sliced bread (wholemeal of course & 6 syns if not using as your HEB) :D

Well I've done it!

When I opened the outer pack, yes, there was a very slight fishy smell but the instructions say you've got to rinse before heating & that rinsing got rid of any odour. .On the rinsing thing - you need to use a fine sieve not a colander - the 'rice' fits through the holes (I ended up using a tea strainer to retrieve a lot of it :p). The 'pasta' & 'noodle' versions might have bigger pieces so might not slip through.

I had the 'rice' but when it was done I'd liken it more to noodles - short stumpy ones but not much like rice and it's got no flavour at all.

On the whole, it wasn't bad - I personally likened the difference between real rice & this as the same as quorn mince to real mince - hope that make sense! It would never pass as the real thing but its OK (especially as a filler for anyone on Original).

I've had the slim noodles before and they were not slimy in the slightest. To be fair I had them in a ramen so it may not be as nice if you have them on their own but it's great to chuck in a stir fry or something to bulk it out.

You have to wash them thoroughly (wouldn't advise smelling them first :)) and they are very plain tasting. They are a bit like quark in that they take on the flavours that you cook them with so in a stir fry with a bit of soy sauce and Chinese five spice they are tasty.

Didn't realise H&B sold them - I got mine on amazon of all places and agree they are not cheap so more of a once in a while product for me rather than a staple.

GlamUp, if these are the ones you meant - they're not the ones I meant :D I can't find a pic of mine yet, but will keep trying.

0012_Pineapple_coco1.png

Oh, thanks Minimunchkins - yes those are them :)

Back