Where to buy Quark?

I'd love to try Quark is its free on SW extra easy, however I can't find it in my local supermarket (Morrisons)

I've been looking for it by the soft cheeses (Philly and what not) is this the right place? Or is it hiding somewhere else?

Is it anything like Philly? I love Philadelphia. I've even seen a baileys cheesecake and chocolate mouse recipes using it on the SW website, and I'd love to try them!

Ours is next to the cottage cheese.

It's nothing at all like philly! It tastes of nothing and has a real grainy texture. Saying that, it depends where you get it from as I find the Sainsburys one a lot smoother.

It takes on the taste of whatever you put it with, if you mix in an A choice of strong cheese and leave it a while, it tastes of cheese! Other than that, I don't really get on with it and would rather use philly extra light.

In my experience - i can only find it in large out of town supermarkets - with the exception of Sainsburys.

On it's own - it doesn't taste of much - mix with something else - and it'll take on that flavour...

Options (or other low syn chocolate drink)
Blue cheese (either a square of the laughing cow one if you can find it from a HeA allowance, or crumble a weighed amount of blue cheese (or HeB on green) for syns).
roasted garlic i hear works too (roasted and then crushed)
or just experiment :)

Thanks for your input everyone. I live in Bham so I have lots of small to medium sized supermarkets which is probably why I haven't found it so far, hopefully I can find it soon though!

Also thanks for your ideas, I was planning to put it on Ryvita (as I currently use Philly light for this as my HeA option) but was going to switch to quark so I could use either milk or cheddar as my HeA, but that doesn't seem like a good idea now! I am definitely still going to try it, I used to use philly as a pasta sauce with garlic and mushrooms, so I'll try that recipe using Quark instead.

if you want a syn free thing to put on ryvita (or scanbran) - any of the syn free cottage cheese works for me :)

The one from Asda's is nicer than from Tesco I think. It is normally somewhere in the cheese section but you often need to look closely to find it.

I found some in Morrisons yesterday. Its a mainly white tub, with blue print and a cows head on it. Looks quite like a tub of cottage cheese on the shelf. I nearly missed it.

I've bought it at the Morrisons in Shepherds Bush before.
Have you googled it to get an idea of what you're looking for??
Also, if you order through Ocado they sell it as well :)

I couldn't find it in our Local Morrison but later found it located by all the cheese in Asda, like others have said you really have to look closely!

I've tried it for a 'cheesecake' but to be honest didn't really enjoy it but made a lovely quiche with it - I think its all about trial and error when using it to cook something up. Its going to be on my shopping list from now on though as I can see it being used in a lot of savoury meals.

I couldn't find it in our Local Morrison but later found it located by all the cheese in Asda, like others have said you really have to look closely!

I've tried it for a 'cheesecake' but to be honest didn't really enjoy it but made a lovely quiche with it - I think its all about trial and error when using it to cook something up. Its going to be on my shopping list from now on though as I can see it being used in a lot of savoury meals.

I did find some in Asda and made a lovely chocolate mouse with it (for only 2 syns!)

Though making a quiche with it sounds lovely, I love quiche!

Back