Extra Easy Where to find some of these ingredients??

muppsy

Good morning,
I did my shop yesterday for all these new yummy ingredients but cannot find 2 of them in tesco - fat free natural cottage cheese and fat free fromage natural flavour.
Do you know 1. A brand I can search that does these as I have not eaten them before and 2. What supermarket in Dublin sells them?
Thanks in advance!
X

Do you have a lidl, they do a lovely fat free cottage cheese.
If not Asda have it, they have both and quark as well.

Yah we have lidl. Does it say fat free cottage cheese on tub?
What is quark? Is that a brand name for fromage frais?

muppsy said:
Yah we have lidl. Does it say fat free cottage cheese on tub?
What is quark? Is that a brand name for fromage frais?

I've never actually been able to find fat free fromage frais- I use natural yogurt instead when it mentions that. I use Onken.
Quark is a fat free soft cheese, the most common is made by golden acre :) it's free on SW :)

They don't have to be fat free only very low fat. If you are looking for a label that says fat free then you will not find them.

Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury all have VLF fromage frais in their healthy eating ranges.

Tesco Light Choices Natural Fromage Frais (500g) in Tesco | mySupermarket

ASDA Good for you! Natural Fromage Frais (500g) in ASDA | mySupermarket

Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself Natural Fromage Frais 0.1% Fat (500g) in Sainsbury's | mySupermarket

Likewise with the cottage cheese - their natural ones are all syn free as are some of the flavoured ones like onion and chive. it's only when you start adding pineapple, chilli or other flavourings that they start to have a syn value and even then it is very low. There are lots of threads about these so try doing a search if you want syn values for a particular flavour. My favourite is Asda Sweet Chilli which is only half a syn per 100g.

Agh that's great, I love natural yoghurt! I'll go to the shops today and have a look. Thanks a mill!

Clairebear1000 said:
I've never actually been able to find fat free fromage frais- I use natural yogurt instead when it mentions that. I use Onken.
Quark is a fat free soft cheese, the most common is made by golden acre :) it's free on SW :)

Hi Claire,
What do you mean by it being free on SW? Is SW one of the plans?

Muppsy - what part of Dublin do you live in? I can get the tesco light choices Normandy fromage frais in my local one(Clondalkin). Dunnes stock quark(if your local one doesn't they can get it in)

Hi Mia,
I'm in artane. Managed to get some st the weekend. Will keep in mind to ask Dunnes to order stuff in if I need it, didn't know you could do that.
Thanks again
X

Muppsy - one of the guys in my group is high up in tesco - he's asked us to put together a list of food that we want them to stock in all their Irish stores to make Slimming World easier for us. I know it's a fair bit out but there's a meat factory outlet place in Ballymount and he's been working with a few consultants to make Slimming world friendly meat and mince(he does 99% fat free mince, it looks weird but it makes the best bolognese)

Dunnes do extra lean mince if that helps you too...

Best of luck with the plan!!

Just what the others have said, Tesco Light Choices natural cottage cheese (not sure about all flavours), natural yogurt and fromage frais are all free.
Quark is also available in a rectangular tub with blue lid (forget brand name).

All very useful!

Back