Where to get Edamame beans

Lucky7

Lucky7
I only just tried these for the first time today (there were some in the stir fry mix I bought).
I'm totally sold on these - they're so sweet and tender. Does anyone know where you can buy them (i.e. just bags of them on their own - fresh or frozen).

I like to buy them in their pods, boil them and sprinkle them with salt. Great snack!

I usually get frozen bags of them from Chinese supermarkets.

You can get them at Tesco.. the unpodded ones are called Soya beans and are sold in the frozen food section. I love them in their pods best like hastalavegan.

Most supermarkets sell Birdseye frozen soya beans, they are £1.99 for 500g so dear, the Tesco own-brand ones are only 99p for the same amount! They are lush though. I've never had them fresh from the pods. I wonder if you could grow them in this country?

waitrose have fresh packs- saw them last night....can't remember the price thou.

Given the budget at the moment, plus the fact that I have just managed to convince OH to book my fave hotel for next saturday (eeekkk) I think we'll be on frozen rather than fresh.
I shall look for them tomorrow.

Thanks everyone xx

They didn't seem oily at all. Are they high in oil??

They're not oily, they're super healthy a free on green. I love edamame in their pods too but have only ever found them in Chinese supermarkets and we don't have one so I have to make do with the Birds Eye soya beans from the freezer section in sainsburys

I could only find the Birds eye frozen ones, but really enjoy them.
Like them best in stir fries still - just add a good handful of them (still frozen) to the basic stir fry mix for 5 mins. Yum!!

Back