Where's the most exotic place you've visited?

Maximus

Gold Member
Always looking for new experiences!

Prestatyn & Rhyl do not count - I've been and survived! lol.

Long weekend - short week 4-5 nights etc.

Steve

I was going to say Coventry but Prestatyn beats that already!

Exotic you say? Cleopatra's island in Turkey. You know those fish pedicure things? It's like that but in the see, full body and totally free!

mine would have to be barbados on my honeymoon.

Never been anywhere really exotic. Love greece though and we are thinking about going to Thailand next year if pennies allow!! Not sure though as it will be so different to anywhere we've been before!
X

Never been anyway truly exotic but on our cruise we stopped at Sardinia and oh it is so beautiful! Go to the side facing away from Italy as the sea is cleaner, crystal clear waters, Oleander blossoming and lining every road blissful!

Never been anywhere really exotic. Love greece though and we are thinking about going to Thailand next year if pennies allow!! Not sure though as it will be so different to anywhere we've been before!
X

Go to Thailand next year, you'll find the most expensive thing is the flight to get there.

The most 'exotic' place I've been is India, I've been twice the first to North India and in Feb we went to South India, it was amazing how different the North & South are. I'd definately recomend going if you're looking for something different. The food is good & cheap, people treat you very well & you'll experience loads.

I can't wait until we go back, next time we're taking the Darjeeling steam train into Bangladesh:D

Kenya on safari - though you might need more than a week :)
Its great fun, and Kenya is an amazing country - but you need to like animal watching, and early mornings, and roughing it a little bit

Tanzania,India and Sri Lanka are all amazing places I have been to. Also went to Marrakech for a weekend which was fab.

It has to be somewhere do-able in 4 or 5 days so that narrows the field.

Most fantastic places for me have been Venezuela, Barbados, Saint Lucia, Thailand etc. etc for far off places but for a long weekend Paris is beautiful with a trip to Versailles. Barcelona is buzzing, a great place to be.Tuscany Italy is paradise on earth. How about the Island of Capri or Malta.

Malaysia and Hong Kong are the most exotic I've been to, but they are a fair old haul!

How about Tunisia? I personally HATED it (I was about 17, and got fed up of being grabbed, pawed and generally harassed :( ), but I know lots of people who love it :)

Not exactly exotic but a fabulous place to visit is Iceland. I was there this year & its definitely on my list on places I would love to go back to. The whole landscape is soo out of this world not to mention the geysirs & of course the northern lights.

Malaysia and Hong Kong are the most exotic I've been to, but they are a fair old haul!

How about Tunisia? I personally HATED it (I was about 17, and got fed up of being grabbed, pawed and generally harassed :( ), but I know lots of people who love it :)
I had the same experience in Tunisia and Morroco. I thought that Tunisia was a bit of a no go area at the moment tbh

Have you thought about Egypt? Its warm all year round, has good deals and is only a 5 hour flight to the Red Sea bit. I have never been but have mate who love it.

Kenya on safari - though you might need more than a week :)
Its great fun, and Kenya is an amazing country - but you need to like animal watching, and early mornings, and roughing it a little bit

I concur!! Although it would be a stretch for 4-5 days. Incredible place though, and safari is just phenomenal, especially if you can hack a really early game drive - I went to Amboseli and seeing the sun rise with Kilimanjaro as the backdrop was just breathtaking. I think everyone needs to experience that in their life!!

Ok I now realise I didn't answer the question properly:rolleyes:

What about Vegas, you can take a trip to the Grand Canyon, go on the rides at the top of the Stratosphere (new thrill:p), visit the largest indoor theme park, Freemont Street for the light show, shows, there's so much to do, oh & visit the Elvis museum, OH spent time in the bar whilst I went there:D

Happy Holidays said:
Ok I now realise I didn't answer the question properly:rolleyes:

What about Vegas, you can take a trip to the Grand Canyon, go on the rides at the top of the Stratosphere (new thrill:p), visit the largest indoor theme park, Freemont Street for the light show, shows, there's so much to do, oh & visit the Elvis museum, OH spent time in the bar whilst I went there:D

Maybe its cos i've only been there for work conferences, but Vegas is a bit of a strange place for me... Its a long way to go for 5 days, but you'd not want to spend more than that there cos you'd go a bit mental!!

4-5 days - Amalfi Coast - absolutely amazing! Long haul - Raratonga, Cook Islands - don't even get me started on how fantastic the people and the island is! xxx

Me again! We did 5 nights in Vegas and absolutely loved it! You can fly direct with Virgin x

I have been to Mauritius where my husband and I got married. Beautiful island and the hotel was amazing.

Also going to marathon, Florida keys in march 2012 to visit my sister... Can't wait :)

Not exactly exotic but a fabulous place to visit is Iceland. I was there this year & its definitely on my list on places I would love to go back to. The whole landscape is soo out of this world not to mention the geysirs & of course the northern lights.

This is something i'm very much planning for next year. The Ice Hotel, and having watched Joanna Lumley's TV show when she saw the Aurora Borealis, I knew I had to go there. The Arctic Circle etc. Is something I plan very much to do. Rekjavik being the starting point.

It has to be somewhere do-able in 4 or 5 days so that narrows the field.

Most fantastic places for me have been Venezuela, Barbados, Saint Lucia, Thailand etc. etc for far off places but for a long weekend Paris is beautiful with a trip to Versailles. Barcelona is buzzing, a great place to be.Tuscany Italy is paradise on earth. How about the Island of Capri or Malta.

Paris, Rome, Milan, Barca etc. I've done - they are all great, just fancied smething "different".

4-5 days - Amalfi Coast - absolutely amazing! Long haul - Raratonga, Cook Islands - don't even get me started on how fantastic the people and the island is! xxx

Cook Islands is a long-held ambition as somewhere amongst them is the point on earth opposite, i.e. as far away as possible from home - a must-try experience lol.

I have been to Mauritius where my husband and I got married. Beautiful island and the hotel was amazing.

Also going to marathon, Florida keys in march 2012 to visit my sister... Can't wait :)

Mauritius, Maldives, Hawaii etc. are places for long haul and therefore 2-3 week stays imo. All beaurtiful places though.

As for Greek Islands, Turkey, and the usual hotspots, I've visited most of them, and have a love for Corfu. Turkey is not a place I'd visit again soon (but hey, millions of tourists love it).

Iceland and New York are my current "fancies" - Vegas is ok for a day trip and that's about it (again, each to their own).

Florida is my current favourite destination, but it will change.

Thanks for all suggestions - especially Iceland:)

Back