Which are you?

SWRocks!

Just read this on Facebook and after rejoing last night for the 10000000th time i know which i am. Sorry if it has been posted before

Gabby is 180 pounds and would dearly love to be 130 pounds. So she joins a weight loss class and starts a diet. In the first week she loses 4 pounds. Her reaction? "Fantastic!" "At this rate, I'll be 130 pounds in 3 months or less! Yippee!"
However, in the second week she loses nothing. Her reaction? "Disaster! Pan...ic! Help! - I'm a useless fat lump!"
But she perseveres (grudgingly) and in week three loses another 2 pounds. Her reaction? "Big deal!"
So after three weeks dieting, she has lost 6 pounds which is perfect for someone of her weight. But it's not good enough for Gabby. As far as Gabby is concerned, it's no big deal. And over the next fortnight, all her enthusiasm flies out the window. Why?
Because it has dawned on Gabby that if she continues to lose 2 pounds a week, it's going to take her 6 months to slim down to her dream size. And Gabby does not have 6 months to wait. Because Gabby is much too busy. Poor old Gabby. She refuses to accept that losing weight takes time. Unfortunately, until she changes her attitude she will never lose weight in a thousand years.
Now take Kate, another member of Gabby's slimming class, who is exactly the same height and weight as Gabby. She loses weight at the same speed as Gabby, but her attitude to dieting is completely different. She knows it's easy to lose weight at the start of a diet, because most of it is fluid.
So when she loses 4 pounds in week one, she doesn't rush out and celebrate. She just stays calm and carries on dieting. Equally, when she loses nothing in a week or two, she doesnt panic or get depressed. She just takes it in her stride and carries on dieting.

You see, Kate isn't really bothered WHAT happens in the first few weeks. She is much more concerned about the long term. So she bides her time and carries on. In fact, she carries on dieting and gradually shedding pounds for the next 12 weeks. Result? She loses a total of 30 pounds. Then celebrates! She takes her husband's credit card on a shopping trip and buys a gorgeous red dress which makes her look ten years younger!
She wears the dress to a local wedding and guess who she meets? Gabby! The same old Gabby who didn't have the patience to spend 3 months dieting. The same old Gabby who is now even fatter. The same old Gabby who is now crammed into elasticated pants and looking tired, red-faced and distinctly uncomfortable.

After the wedding, Kate goes back on her diet. She still has weight to lose. However, the reaction of her family and friends to her new slim shape has given her a real boost. Result? She finds dieting a lot easier. After four months later she is down another 30 pounds.
Meanwhile, Gabby too has been busy. She has started and stopped several new diets. Why does she keep stopping? Because the diets are too 'slow' for her liking. Remember, Gabby does NOT have time for slow diets. She's a fast-tracker!

I think I'd be a mix of both lol I hop around and whoop when I have a good loss, and get upset if I don't. But I still stick to it. :D

Used to be a Gabby but this last couple of wk i really feel i've turned a corner and now am becomming Kate x

Sorry have to say not only did this make mr chuckle it also made me stop and say .... Laura you have got to stop being a Gabby..... So that's it now whenever I moan I will give my family n friends the key word "Gabby" lol

Thankyou for posting reading that has made me evaluate things..... (people have already started to comment on my weight loss and it's only about 20lbs so I must be doing right)

xxx

Lauratheloop said:
Sorry have to say not only did this make mr chuckle it also made me stop and say .... Laura you have got to stop being a Gabby..... So that's it now whenever I moan I will give my family n friends the key word "Gabby" lol

Thankyou for posting reading that has made me evaluate things.....

This is exactly my reaction!

That's for posting that. It's really useful.... And made me laugh, although its too close for comfort!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back