Which bars can you have on ss?

*butterfly*

Silver Member
My cdc has told me i can only have cranberry and peanut bars while on ss. Says the others are higher in carbs and can affect some peoples degree of ketosis so they only get added in the higher plans. Whilst I'm not too bothered, because i'd rather not jeopardise my losses, I've noticed that other people seem to be having the other flavours - do you find they affect your losses/ how many do you have? Thanks xx

I am allowed them all on SS - but I only have the peanut ones as they're the only ones I like.

blah peanut, i find them vile (sorry) i have thm all. i enjoy the malt toffee the most followed by orange, carmel, cranberry and chocolate. i checked the yellow book and it doesn't mention any restrictions.

anyone else got any ideas?

I couldn't stand the peanut to start with, find its got a wierd aftertaste, but have developed a liking for it, if only because it helps in the toilet depertment! (sorry - tmi!)
I had a feeling that not everyone had been told this, so i did double check with her once but she remained quite adamant. I wonder if its one of those 'unwritten/inconfirmed' guidelines that seem to happen? (Like the drink more/lose more one!)

there is no reason why u shouldnt be allowed ALL flavours on ss.
In fact, if u call cambridge they will confirm that all flavours are perfectly acceptable.
some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to ketosis, but that applies to bars and flavouring.
i dont quite understand why ur cdc has given u that impression.

i was told you could have them all but only one per day !!! I love the toffee and the malt toffee and the chocolate one is good too, and they have never affected my kestosis.

Good Luck hon x

I thought you could have none in the first 2 weeks, and then any afterwards with a max one per day.

I found the crunch ones to be nice - the caramel/chocolate/choc orange had a very strong chemical smell. The choc orange was cool as the flavouring smell masked that of the maltiol.

The crunch ones and the choccy bars are completely different materials, so maybe one is more carby than the other?

you can have them all after week 2 but only one per day. the cranberry and peanut are a little lower in carbs then the others. i only have them a couple of times a week, most weeks i dont bother

CDC has invented that little rule... as others have said, cranberry & peanut are a bit lower carb, but all are fine after week 2, so it's bizarre she would tell you otherwise. You may or may not be extra sensitive to the other flavours, but after almost a year on minis I haven't come across anyone who was. I had one bar a day from week 3+ & had good losses. Check your CD booklet if you want reassurance, and ask your CDC why she thinks differently fro the official CD line.

xxx

Oh hec, bit peeved now.... I'm sure my cdc wouldn't knowingly be so wrong, i wonder if its something she learnt from her cdc? She's lovely and we get on well, very thorough at WI and always measures. Has always been able to answer my questions although I tend to be an 'easy' customer i suspect as we normally just chat socially more than anything. Annoyed as i would have liked the option to try the others, even if i didn't continue having them, not sure if I'm bothered enough though to say anything and cause a problem. Thanks everyone for info.... as i say, i did have suspicions! xx

I wonder if she was carb sensitive herself, and found the others affected her losses? And is just 'helpfully' passing on her revised rule? CD train CDCs very thoroughly, so she certainly shouldn't be confused about the CD rules. I do understand your not wanting to rock the boat, though, I would be the same. Could just mention that your friends on CD support site all have all flavours from week 2, and wondered if rules had 'changed' at all?

xxx

Thanks Katy, i may well just drop it in like that. I often mention minis and things i've heard on here. Not sure if she is too keen on it, not in a nasty way but because it just raises questions slightly more 'deep' than the ususal superficial stuff. She did tell me that cd now have their own forum if i wanted to join but i just couldn't- would feel unloyal to minis, and i just love this site! I find it hard to believe that cdc's don't know about this site, it ought to be compulsory part of training. Its the single most comprehensive support rescource online i've found for cd dieters, and heres so many cdcs on here anyway we always get pointed in the right direction. xx

I always have 1 per day, either Toffee, Chocolate or Choc orange, never had any affect on keytosis or weight loss:)

Yeah, as others have said, all bars are allowed on SS from day 15.

The cranberry and peanut bars have similar carbs to the shakes. The other have more. Some CDCs allow the cranberry and peanut ealier because of this, but personally I stick with the day 15 rule, because other things could be going on, and it's good to get away from the chewing. Head detox kind of thing. Also gives you something to look forward to.

If trying the other bars, you find a slower weight loss, then there might be a need to knock them on the head. Personally, it was worth it to me as I loved the malt one and it helped me stick to the diet. Peanut and cran weren't around when I did the diet :cry:

Until then, there is no reason why you can't have them on SS from day 15. Just one a day. Extra water throughout the day. Sometimes there is some confusion amongst CDCs and it might be worth asking her to contact cambridge for clarification, or to ask on the CDC forum on their website and I'll tackle her :D

That's if you can do it tactfully because it's a bit of a toughy ;)

She is obliged to provide all the bars though if it's on the plan you are allowed.

Back