Which Blender??

sally999

Hi there, Could anyone advise me on the best blender to use? Mine has just cracked:cry:!! I was using a smoothy maker but it didnt seem to be that strong.

Hi, I have a handheld blender too that I use to use for blending my Duaghter's food down when she was Weening, it's a Kenwood and works a treat. My Mum has a cheaper handheld blender and that works just as well. Zoe x

i got 2 hand held blenders from wilkinsons for £4.45 each! work really well. i got them because i needed 1 for home and 1 for work so didn't fancy spending £60 in total x x

I have a Philips one that I got from Argos after my Asda cheapy died just after starting CD! :rolleyes:

I used an electric hand blender which was fine. Since I finished CD, I bought a magic bullet. Wow. It's brilliant. Use it every day for something or other.

So easy to use and just bung the 'cup' and blade in the dishwasher. Highly recommended.

I used an electric hand blender which was fine. Since I finished CD, I bought a magic bullet. Wow. It's brilliant. Use it every day for something or other.

So easy to use and just bung the 'cup' and blade in the dishwasher. Highly recommended.
Wow, KD, that looks great - but not cheap! :eek: Do you find that you actually use all the different bits? (I usually find that there's always extra bits of appliances that I don't use which end up in the back of the cupboard!) But if you say 'yes' to that, I might seriously think of getting one... (I'm such a gadget freak! :))

I have a old tabletop blender from Moulinex that is just perfect for these shakes. I use about 1/2 dl of water, 8 ice cubes, blend them first, then I add the mix, and blend for maybe a minute (more than I did in the beginning), and it taste soo good! Like milkshake.

I would highly recomend getting a good blender that can crush ice :D.

I use my Moulinex handheld blender (came with loads of attachments) that I originally got when weening my kids. It came with a tall container with all the measurements down the side, I use it with the whisk attachments and drink my shakes straight from this cup with a straw ;). Use it much more now than when the kids were small!

Soon2bslimmer x :)

Wow, KD, that looks great - but not cheap! :eek:

Mine was about £20, which at the time, wasn't much more than the cheapest hand blender. I think it's about £29 now.

Do you find that you actually use all the different bits?

Nah. Though to be fair, the extra bits tend to be lots of cups. I have about 4 in the cupboard, and I guess the rest are in the loft :D

It's really so quick and because it's small, I can keep the main bit on the work top, plugged in.

When I want to use it, just fill the cup, screw on the top, turn upside down on the machine and whizz for 5 seconds.

Drink from the cup. Done.
(I'm such a gadget freak! :))

Me too :D Have a vacuum robot that vacuums my house at night then puts itself away on the charger...and a floor washing robot :D plus, many other gadgets. I love gadgets.

The magic bullet is one of the few that my husband actually approves of :D

I just a cheapy Asda handheld £4 blender does the job spot on

Hi,

Was going to use liquidiser part of my food processor, but am I better buying a hand blender?
This is what I use and is far better than the hand held one. Crushes ice as really wizhes the shakes so they end up extra smooth and fluffy

I was wondering if the magic bullet also crushes ice? I have been thinking about getting one, they seem useful and a lot smaller then what I have now.

I have an annabel karmel one which i bought when my daughter started weaning in june 2006, and it is still going strong, i have used it so much (also for my son weaning!), i am actually suprised it has given up after 3 years use yet!x

Back