Which Book To Buy?

csl003

I only started looking into Dukan about 20 mins ago lol, and I'm already very very tempted by it.

I'm just wondering which book to buy? Do I even need a book? Is it worth buying the main book or should I just buy the recipe book?

Get the main book and I wouldn't bother with the recipe book as there are loads in the main one and loads on here too. The main book is a good motivator and helps you to understand the principles of his diet. Directly translated from French so some of it is amusing.

It is not a quick 5 min fix and is restrictive but I love it. I have lost my weight in one month so I get to live with my new body (and adjust to it) whilst I consolidate my loss. It's like buying something on credit and enjoying it.

Good advice, Poppy. I agree. I've not lost as quickly as some others because for various reasons good and bad I have had gaps, but the book is useful to return to for extra points or when you change phase.

Hiya,
Agree with above, I also read these forums and took advise not to get the receipe book. There are receipes in the main book and lots to be found on the internet so don't spend the extra money.

GOOD LUCK :D
x

Definitely buy the main book - there is a lot of good info and some of his words feel like he is talking directly to you. You'll find yourself going back and re-reading sections and you'll need refreshers as what to do in each phase :) This has been the most consistently successful diet that I have been on, so if you are ready to make the commitment go for it!

Definitely get the main book, and read it BEFORE you start, at the very least the first couple of chapters on attack and cruise. Mine sits on a shelf in my kitchen and I still refer to it at times - 1 year after starting and 6 months into Stabilisation (the 'forever' phase...)

Back