Which book?

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
Hello

I'm currently on Lipotrim until mid June but then I'm planning to lose the rest of my weight on Atkins. I'm going to go get the book today to study before I start but which one is the best one to get?

Play.com (UK) : Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution - Robert C. Atkins : Books - Free Delivery

This is the one I've reserved at waterstones as I thought it best to get the one by Dr Atkins himself but the lady in shop said theres a newer one and this was released in 2003? Is it still good?

Help would be very much appreciated

Thanks xx

I used the original '72 version Cathy, it's by far the strictest one.

Thanks Jim I'll have a look when I get to "Meadowhell" (Meadowhall), luckily they have 2 Waterstones and a WHSmiths for me to trawl round lol

Really looking forward to June now, can't stop looking at all the menus etc. I've always done low fat diets, WW etc and not had much meat and cheese etc but husband is a full blown carnivore and is one of those lucky people eat like a hippo and lose weight so thats where I fail so hopefully will be able to combine the two with Atkins.

The New Atkins isn't so strict & if you ignore the Atkins products suggested in it I think it'd work well. It explains the science behind it well & allows a bit more freedom with veg by allowing higher carb veg on induction. x

I don't think the '72 version is still in print Cathy, I got mine at a car boot sale.

i got the old and new one and there pretty much the same if you get the new one amazone have it for £3.99

Right back from Meadowhell with Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution. Reading it, its the original one but updated with another 10 years of research to back it up.

I've been reading it this afternoon about all the "low fat" things having carbs as replacement and when I went to tescos about half an hour ago I had a look at the difference in carbs in full fat and low fat. For example I'm a sucker for mayonnaise so compared tescos full mayo to the extra light,.... in 100ml full fat had 1.2g carbs whereas the extra light had 9.4g! I can't believe it! I know I'm carb sensitive before I even get into the book but I can't believe how much is hidden in the meals I would've been allowed on weight watchers!

I think one of the reasons I've always struggled to stick with 'diets' before... always told that low fat was the way to go but of course everythings then rammed with sugar to make it taste good! Then I'd wonder why I was hungry & constantly craving food... low carbing has completely changed all that... always comfortably full, never craving anything & can eat if I feel the need & not obsessing about when I can next eat, how many cals, what does it weigh..

Its really liberating especially once you get your head around the fact that fats are good.. for me that was the hardest battle at the start!!

Look forward to you joining us in June. xx

Aww thanks hun me too, everyones so nice on this forum (on LT they just seem to argue lol!)

Its really liberating especially once you get your head around the fact that fats are good.. for me that was the hardest battle at the start!!

Yeah thats the main thing I'm trying to get my head around. Do our bodies not absorb it or something with being in Ketosis? I'm trying to explain what I know to hubby as hes being really skeptical as it seems sort of "too good to be true" and thinks it'll make me gain all the weight I've already lost.

Having said that, as I was looking at Atkins bars for a nosey at carbs etc a lady passed me and said Atkins is brilliant she lost 6 stone on it and she looked about a size 12 so was good news to me.

Aww thanks hun me too, everyones so nice on this forum (on LT they just seem to argue lol!)
Haha so true Cathy :)

Right back from Meadowhell with Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution. Reading it, its the original one but updated with another 10 years of research to back it up.

I've been reading it this afternoon about all the "low fat" things having carbs as replacement and when I went to tescos about half an hour ago I had a look at the difference in carbs in full fat and low fat. For example I'm a sucker for mayonnaise so compared tescos full mayo to the extra light,.... in 100ml full fat had 1.2g carbs whereas the extra light had 9.4g! I can't believe it! I know I'm carb sensitive before I even get into the book but I can't believe how much is hidden in the meals I would've been allowed on weight watchers!

i would make your own mayo so nice

Back