which carbs?

Complex carbs are the good ones and refined are the bad ones. You need to go for low gi like granary, wholemeal bread, brown or basmati rice. wholemeal pasta.New potatoes are better than old. English fruit opposed to tropical fruit.
Dont touch anything processed ie white bread, white rice except basmati,
Thats just a few. If you look at the GI index it will give you a real good idea.:)

This is an interesting read regarding G.I:

GI Blues: The GI Diet - Second Opinions

I was surprised both white and brown breads have virtually the same G.I

I read that brown bread is just as bad as white bread where GI is concerned and where healthy eating is concerned too. The best option is to go with wholemeal or granary.

Thanks for the links. I am on 790 at the mo and will be working my up through mantainance stages soon. So i really need as much info on GI as possible because i want to change my eating habits to all GI to maintain my weight after CD.

So if anyone knows of any other websites for GI please post :). Thank You xx

Rosemary Conley diet is GI based if you were maybe thinking along that line for the future. Good luck anyway.

Rosemary Conley diet is GI based if you were maybe thinking along that line for the future. Good luck anyway.

i was thinking of joining a Rosemary Conley group after CD to maintain and the exercise class would be a bonus too :D

Back