Which diet this time?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Seons, 3 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Seons

Seons Full Member

I have previously tried ww and sw. Each time I lose about a stone then get stuck and lose motivation. Does anyone have any advice about whether to try sw again or the new ww pro points?

I need to lose about 2 stone by August as I am bridesmaid at my sister's wedding. I also have a holiday of a lifetime to oz in April so want to have dropped a stone by then!

Any help gratefully received!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missfortissimo

missfortissimo addicted to minimins

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Getting rid of starches/sugar/unnecessary fats.
    I really suggest just being healthy, and cutting out sugars, corn syrups, saturated/trans fats and starchy foods like potatoes and anything with white flour. Up your veggie intake. Eat fruit, lean meats, nuts, fat free milk, WHOLE WHEAT! :) I try to avoid anything that lists flour (whole wheat flour is fine!), corn syrup, high fructose syrup, or sugar in the first three ingredients.

Drink a lot of water and only eat when you are hungry. Exercize regularly if you can and you WILL lose weight!

If you want to go on a "real" diet that has points and counting and such, then you might try Atkins; I've lost weight on that one before (about 30 lbs).

We're all different so those suggestions may or may not work for you -- but I wish you the best of luck! :wavey:
  4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Have you decided which diet to try this time?

Irene xx
  5. Missychick3

Missychick3 Full Member

Hi Seons,

I am going starting the new pro points plan with weight Watchers on Thursday, I have a lot to loose at least 5 and a half stone so hopefully I will succeed, determination is a great thing. Good luck with whatever plan you choose,

6. Lotty100

Lotty100 New Member

I've done Weightwatchers before, it did work, but I was always hungry! I'm sticking to SW this time, it also means that the family can eat with me too! :) x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.