Which dress please??

I love the black & white one, second fave is the blue!

Where is the B&W one from? Its just what I am looking for, for a wedding in August:)

Wish said:
I love the black & white one, second fave is the blue!

Where is the B&W one from? Its just what I am looking for, for a wedding in August:)

Its from debenhams - but i got it 2 years ago - for my own wedding recep ( we got married abroad) but i got too fat for it so
Didn't wear it :( Now it fits :)
They generally have the best choice on the high street i think, unless you can afford Coast or Karen Millen ( i LOVE coast, but again, have been too fat till now!!)

Definitely the blue one, its stunning :) and definitely more "wedding" than the others

Oh definitely the purple one :) Real lovely dress!:) hope you enjoy the day out!

Blue all the way!

Will have to check if bride has an issue with a black & white dress at the ceremony.

Gosh !!! I think I am so out of touch with the outside world.

I have never heard of wedding guests choice of colour being controlled by the bride.

Personally I would object to that, but then I also hate the idea of wedding present lists though I understand how sensible they are.

I would not go to a wedding were I was told what colours I could or could not wear, but then that is just me, old fashioned.

Sorry to hijack................

Don't apologise! I actually phoned the bride last night & she told me to wear what i like - so b&w one it is.

Tbh, it was more the fact that black could be seen as funereal by some people.

I do think most weddings have an established list of no go areas. Eg, don't wear cream or ivory if thats what the bride is wearing, if there is a colour theme for bridemaids, try not to wear the same colour. The bride & bridemaids are supposed to stand out!

Thanks for th explanation.

I will just hobble off and collect my pension now with an easier mind understanding that lol !!!!!

I love the black and white one, but with the blue one you can see you lovely legs. definitely show them off. xxx

Oh i found out loads of things about the wedding rules of fashion!

As a bride to be, my bridesmaids are chocolate brown with ivory - so its a no-no for any of my guests to turn up in chocolate brown! (wannabe bmaid anyone?!)

Wearing all black (not like Kingleds lovely monochrome number) is seen as a no-no for the daytime - but for evening guests its fine.

My mums outfit should not in any way resemble the MIL or Step mums outfits!!! gah!!!! They must all be different - hehe!

Its like a minefield out there! x

oh my gosh. my sister in law wore a white trouser suit to my wedding. didn't bother me though.

LOL! I accidentally bought purple dresses for my kids without realising that my cousins bridesmaids were going to be in purple, and when I found out I was all worried but my cousin said "Thats great! The pictures will look lovely!!"

Which is fortunate as there was no way I could have afforded to outfit them twice!

I am getting married in the beginning of July and don't give a toss what people where as long as they are happy and help me relax, bring it on!!!

I loooove the third one but the second one is beautiful too!

Definitely the Blue one! :)

I'd go with the blue for the whole thing! It looks fab :)

I vote for the black/white one. You are stunning in it!

Back