Which Exercise?

Hi Carrot tit..... I have exercised but have to say START SLOWLY as a VLCD user you don't have a s much energy! I tend to use the bike and the treadmill.... I would love to use the cross trainer but 1. I loof daft as i just can't coordinate on it... I keep perservering as it does get better as i go, and it is good for toning the legs and bum ;)

In order to burn fat, you should do LOOOONG, SLOW exercice, (walking long distances for a couple of hours, or power walk) practice with light weights for a long time, (heavy dumbells are used to build muscle)
Light weight dumbells will help to tone, and burn fat.

Hi! Are you on a VLCD? It's cardio that's the big fat burner but if you're on a VLCD you'll need to take it gently (your body needs carbs if you're going to do lots of hard cardio work).

Why don't you want to build muscle? It's the best way to keep the weight off once you've lost it...and you can't build muscle on a VLCD anyway so there's no need to worry about that. However, resistance work will help you maintain the muscle you already have.

If you want to exercise in order to speed up weight loss on a VLCD, my advice is...don't! If you're exercising enough to make a significant difference to your weight loss then you need to be eating more than just foodpacks, I'm afraid.

Edited to add: light cardio and resistance training is highly recommended though ;)

I am on a VLCD and yes i wanted to exercise to speed my weightlosses up :)

I've always been afraid of building muscle in case it makes me weigh more :( Does that sound daft?

Perhaps for the moment i'll just stick to tonning exercises :D

Muscle makes you weigh less :)

For every extra pound of muscle you build, you can burn about 60 extra calories a day.

Building muscle means a little increased weight from the muscle built, but it also means fat lost from the extra calories burned. Believe me, it takes a while to build muscle unless you are doing some really serious resistance training. Even then, we ladies are not blessed with enough testosterone to build muscle quickly. And, as I said, on a VLCD it's impossible to build muscle.

If the number on the scales is all you care about, you could always have an arm amputated. Don't forget that it's not the be all and end all - there are other ways to measure your successes, like your clothing size and your body fat % ;)

Muscle makes you weigh less :)

For every extra pound of muscle you build, you can burn about 60 extra calories a day.

Really? I remember one week when i only lost a 1.5lbs i told my LLC that i was disapointed because i had exercised really hard that week and she told me i had to remember that muscle weighs more than fat!

Really? I remember one week when i only lost a 1.5lbs i told my LLC that i was disapointed because i had exercised really hard that week and she told me i had to remember that muscle weighs more than fat!
You honestly, truly, can't build muscle on a VLCD. It's more likely that you retained water because when you exercise you have to drink quite a lot extra (more than most people realise) in order to rehydrate. You should be drinking extra before, during and after a workout. Weigh yourself before and after you work out and for each kilo you have lost during your exercise session, you should drink a litre and a half of water (this is on top of your recommended daily intake, and on top of any extra water you might have had during your workout).

You crack me up Kate - I assume you are one of the same Sole sourceress.

;)

Am I that transparent?

Well, okay, yes I am. :rolleyes:

Back