Which food item could you not do without?

yeah they are... and they are scrummy... see pic

Picture3015-2.jpg

you just peel them and then chip them... Boil them in salted water for 4-5mins, then drain them and leave them to dry for10-15mins... its important you leave them to dry because if not they dont go crispy in the oven and take AGES to cook. I find that leaving them longer makes better chips.

Then put them in a dry pan and shake shake shake shake shake shake to roughen them up!
Then cover your oven tray in fry light, lie the chips on, then spray over your chips lightly, and leave in the oven for 30-40 mins... but i always find that leaving them in 45-50mins makes mine better.

they take a while but are so worth it

I shall have to give them a go.
I hear people enthusing about them all the time at class but have never dared try them.
I've never made chips before, you see, so the SW way would be the first time I'd ever made *any* type of chip.

OOh Think I might try them too I do love my chips and usually have rustic oven chips. Can you cook them and leave them overnight in the fridge before cooking them in the oven?

Your little girl looks a real cuttie Kin&Leah, I have 2 kids myself a boy and girl and am trying to loose 2 stone babyweight too.

aww thanks sanicholl :)
luckily for me, Leah loves me new cooking skills too!
I'm not so sure about leaving them in the fridge... suppose you could... but would they not go brown??

aww thanks sanicholl :)
luckily for me, Leah loves me new cooking skills too!
I'm not so sure about leaving them in the fridge... suppose you could... but would they not go brown??

I am gonna give it a go so wish me luck.....

I par boiled the potatoes last night and left them to dry and then popped them into a sealed container in the fridge. I will see how they look when I get home from work and if ok will cook them. I'll let you know how I get on!! Hopefully they will be ok otherwise I will be rethinking what to have with my chicken for tea!

It will be handy if it works as I rarely would have time to parboil, dry and cook for that long as I have 2 impatient kids and a very impatient other half!!

Back