WHICH IS BETTER

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
Well as u have prob all seen, im out for meal with work tomorrow and noticed that the baby boiled potatoes i had choosen to eat with my steak actually come with herb butter i rang the restaurants to ask if i could have them plain but they said these are cooked in bulk and the butter is already on them! So which is better these or the mash? (they do not serve baked potatoes as a side) I prefer mash but was goin for these as thought they were plain but now they equally have the same, surely mash wud be better than chips as this a free food anyway even though i no they add butter etc? Oh im so confused!xx

Don't have chips obviously
but i'd just count the butter used in either the mash or on the baby potatoes in your syns. If you prefer mash go for mash, surely they won't use loads and loads of butter. Just avoid cheesy mash

yeah i was thinkin that :) roughly how many syns do u think?im also goin to have pepper sauce as i cudnt eat it dry and the highest one i cud find online was 7 syns does this sound about right? the steak is also served with tobacco onions which i adore but il ask to have the steak without them :(lol

I've never even heard of tabacco onions lol

After having a little look in my book I would say....
to count your butter at about 3 syns
I'm not sure about the peppercorn sauce

However, your having a meal out, you will end up not having a good time if you worry to much.
I'd count your syns up after the meal, shrug it off, have less syns for the other days that follow and be glad you enjoyed your meal out

I've never even heard of tabacco onions lol

After having a little look in my book I would say....
to count your butter at about 3 syns
I'm not sure about the peppercorn sauce

However, your having a meal out, you will end up not having a good time if you worry to much.
I'd count your syns up after the meal, shrug it off, have less syns for the other days that follow and be glad you enjoyed your meal out

yes u are exactly right i promised myself i wudnt beat myself up about meals out, its not everyday that I have my full syns so they will compensate for it :) actually just noticed pork loin with onion gravy n champ on menu il maybe have to go for that :eating:

Here are the syn values which might help you decide between herb butter new potatoes or mashed potato.....

Butter, full fat, 10g portion 3½ syns on all plans
Butter, full fat, 28g 10½ syns on all plans
Potatoes, mashed, homemade with milk & butter, 100g 1½ syns on EE 5 syns on RED.
Potatoes, mashed, luxury, chilled/frozen, 100g 3½ syns on EE 6 syns on RED.
Stacey xxx

thank u think il count 3 syns for the potatoes to be safe :) wud u think 7 syns will cover the pepper sauce?this is highest one i cud find on the sw website xxx

You don't have to eat the potatoes at all. And you don't have to eat all the sauce either. Maybe have one potato and leave the rest, and push some of the sauce to one side.

We are all conditioned from childhood to clear our plates, but we are grownups now, and nanny won't slap our wrists if we don't eat it all up!

Back