Which route did you choose?

I am counting calories and its working so far! I find it the easiest most practical way to lose weight and stick to :) good luck what you choose x

I think you have to look at the bigger picture and look at what would be sustainable for you long term. You need to be able to stick to eating well and healthily forever and not just until the weight has come off. That's partly what has always put me off the meal replacement style diets, I would imagine I'd just go back to eating 'normally' (i.e. eating junk) once I'd finished it.

Healthy eating and exercise has worked well for me and I really feel it's something that I will be able to keep on with forever. I think doing the exercise along with the diet really helps, not just in burning the calories but in helping you tone up and increasing your confidence.

Good luck with your weight loss, you can do it!!

I am taking xenical so following a low fat diet and doing lots of exercise.
I think this will work best for me because I am slowly 'learning' how to eat better, so even when I get to my goal weight I will carry on eating the same way as that will just be the norm for me.
I have done vlcd's in the past and as soon as I come off of them I just ate like a horse! and put all the weight back on that I'd lost plus more, I know those diets work for some people but not for me.

I am doing tony ferguson and the mix of meal replacement and food seems the best way for me right now; I don't have to worry about 2 meals which means I don't have to think or make choices for those which is safer for me. and then I have my meal in the evening and that is teaching me about choices.

I have tried everything and spent many hours speaking to psychologists and dieticians and feel that it's about understanding your own eating behaviour and personality and then figuring out what will work for you.

Hi! I'm calorie counting and it's working for me. I'm also eating much, much healthier foods - lots of fruit, veggies, lean chicken, etc. Once I've lost the weight, I am determined that I am not going to put it back on again this time.

Im counting cals also, it works very well
as if you want to eat plenty you have to be very carefull what you eat
you soon learn the things to go nowhere near

Last edited:
Over the years I've done everything. In 2006 at my heaviest ever I did Cambridge and lost 5 stones in 6 months but my mam died and I lost the plot. Eventually started again with WW and after a year moved to SW.

This site is living proof that many diets work and it is just a case of finding the right one for you and your lifestyle

Irene xx

StevieW - you've done incredibly well. How many calories a day are you having?

Well done Steview......over 100lbs since March?? :eek: wish I could only eat 1000 calories everyday but that would be impossible for me!

Hiya,
I am on WW and loving it! I did WW a few years ago and lost 5&1/2 stone unfortunately fell off the wagon and put most of that back on! I know that WW works for me so that is why I am back on it!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Trying Dukan this time. Chose as I know low carb can work for me and I needed to get off sugar again. I like that its pretty strict and that it has 2 more stages after weightloss to keep your weight off.
Good luck

Back