Which Song Would You Like Played At Your Funeral?

Scarlet Daisy

Hungry For Life
I'd like "Life Is A Cabaret" played at my funeral, although I have toyed with "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M. (imagine the scene, everyone looking at my coffin and Michael Stipe singing "That's me in the corner...etc". ).

When I asked my middle son Steven he quickly replied "Going Underground" by the Jam. ;)

Most people seem to have some idea what they would like played at their funeral and not all of them have to be funny... So what's your choice?

i would have either live forever by oasis or But Honestly by the foo fighters, me and my friends was talking about this the other day after too many beers lol

I joke about having Going Underground or Sympathy for theDevil played at my funeral. I think I'd have The No Seatbelt song by Brand New

The 69 Eyes - Beneath The Blue.
Some of the lyrics seem fitting enough.
Although I guess it'll be up to my family what is played haha

I have chosen You'll Never Walk Alone to be played at mine.

At my aunt's recent funeral they played If Tommorow Never Comes by Garth Brooks and there wasnt a dry eye about the place.

One Day.

it's a bluegrass gospel song by Blue Highway.

I am not a religious person as such, but I'd like to believe there is something more, and this bittersweet song more or less sums how I'd want people to feel about my death.

I would probably have a load of bluegrass. Dobro stuff. Dobro is my life's passion. I'd like to buried with my dobro bar and picks.

not sure yet

There's a beautiful song by Ronan Keating (boyzone) called i'm learning part 2, its on the where we belong boyzone album, i think i want that one... also there's a song called always attract by youmeatsix the vocals are amazing, you have to hear it to believe it!

bat outta hell- meatloaf

under your thumb- godley and creme

National Express by The Divine Comedy :D

reach for the stars - s club 7

My first thought when I saw this thread was "Shot Through The Heart" by Bon Jovi... that'd wake people up... haha. Probably not the best choice..!

My dad took me to one side when I was 14 and told me he wanted Freebird. That was quite upsetting for a 14 yo kid to deal with! He's still alive n kicking too...!

Louis Armstrong - Wonderful World. Has to be that version. Maybe something Frank Sinatra. My Way... Which could be mixed with Limp Bizkit's My Way... haha. No idea...
I don't really know.. I know I don't want everyone in black though at my funeral.

Back