Which veg and salad?

looks like im only stuck with lettuce then :(

i dont like anything else on the list :beam: wish i cud have egg then at least i cud mix that with the tuna and lettuce ....:rolleyes:

You can have egg but 1 egg counts as 50g of your protein option. So you could have 50g of tuna and 50g of egg mixed with the lettuce.

This is what im worrying about the veg, im rubbish with measurements :eek: here's where I learn not to over eat :rolleyes: x

I did measure them out at first...but mostly they come in smallish packs..or once you have measured them once you know whats right. I have a tiny bowel & ramekin to eat from

I pretty much mainly have spinach (small bags), cucumber to nibble on whilst watching tv, salad veg, spring greens... all these things are pretty hard to overeat, so I would not worry!!

I bought a new set of kitchen scales that are now a permanent addition to my worktop. I weigh as I chop up the veg and keep adding to the bowl until I reach 200g (I generally have 3 or 4 varieties of veg per day). I weigh my veg raw as it's easier. I now know what 40g of peppers looks like, or 100g of mushrooms for example but to start with I didn't have much of a clue.

RebekahR said:
You will probably find that 200g in a huge amount of veggies, I usually split my veg and weigh out my protein

ie. small tin of tuna & 100g veggies, snack later 100g veggies
OR 100g chicken & 100g veg, later 1 pack with 100g veg (such as mac cheese and caulliflower)
OR 50g chicken as a snack, then later 50g chicken, 1 pack and 200g veg allowance

can mix and match, long as the amounts are correct for veg & protein. 200g veg is hugeee!

Hope that helps some!

Mmmmmmmm I was so hungry tonight and wanted something 'carby' I had 2 packs of mac n cheese poured over blended cauliflower and I mixed it up with a dash of hot chilli sauce and ate with a teaspoon - really comforting and filling :)

xox_collette_xox said:
This is what im worrying about the veg, im rubbish with measurements :eek: here's where I learn not to over eat :rolleyes: x

What I did was cooked a cauliflower and then weighed out 200gs and put it into little pots ( I save the little plastic ones that the fresh pasta sauce comes in that I get for the kids) did the same with chopped cucumber and have just done some with my 100g protein in ( I'm using quorn pieces) so I have a few days worth at a time ready to grab from the fridge, don't have to mess around weighing every time :)

are you allowed to have x2 macaroni packs 2gther? is that if your on TFR and not the 3packs + meal?

for my 2nd ss evening meal i had 150g lettuce, chopped boiled egg and half tin of tuna

all i like on the list is the chicken, fish and tuna, lettuce and egg

so when i have my chicek and fish i havent really got any ideas to have with them :confused:

SugarPlum2012 said:
are you allowed to have x2 macaroni packs 2gther? is that if your on TFR and not the 3packs + meal?

for my 2nd ss evening meal i had 150g lettuce, chopped boiled egg and half tin of tuna

all i like on the list is the chicken, fish and tuna, lettuce and egg

so when i have my chicek and fish i havent really got any ideas to have with them :confused:

Yeah, I often have 2 meal packs together as I like sometimes keep all my packs til the evening!
You could have salad with your chicken/fish? Do you not like any veg at all?
To be honest I also usually just have 4 packs with no extras, but if you want protein instead, why not chop the chicken and add to a meal like mushroom pasta :)

Have your packs how you like. I like to have two porridge together on hungry days

I usually have tuna salad, poached eggs, baked eggs, scrambled eggs, chicken with salad or lots of seasoned veggies

debbieacton said:
What I did was cooked a cauliflower and then weighed out 200gs and put it into little pots ( I save the little plastic ones that the fresh pasta sauce comes in that I get for the kids) did the same with chopped cucumber and have just done some with my 100g protein in ( I'm using quorn pieces) so I have a few days worth at a time ready to grab from the fridge, don't have to mess around weighing every time :)

That's a great idea ! :D

notsoskinnymarge said:
That's a great idea ! :D

I have to make sure what I need is to hand as when I need to eat I NEED TO EAT lol if I had to wait about cooking and weighing I May just pop something naughty in my mouth while I was waiting ;)

I'm very impressed with your organising Debbie LOL I should probably pre prepare veggies, its more I only eat a small selection, if i get peckish I make a bowl of veg - pop on scales and chop and into bowl till I got 100g, cabbage, cucumber and mushrooms Il nibble on as they are!

RebekahR said:
I'm very impressed with your organising Debbie LOL I should probably pre prepare veggies, its more I only eat a small selection, if i get peckish I make a bowl of veg - pop on scales and chop and into bowl till I got 100g, cabbage, cucumber and mushrooms Il nibble on as they are!

Tonight I had black and green olives, chopped gherkin and cucumber and a hot green chilli mixed in - made a nice savoury snack with a can of dr pepper!

Are olives okay? For some reason I thought they were a no go... although I'm thrilled if they're allowed! Perhaps I shouldn't go there anyways... otherwise I can see a binge in my future :eek:

Yes olives are on the list (rather surprisingly I think) but they are much higher in calories than most of the other things. I'd restrict it to 1 or 2 personally (not difficult in my case as I hate them :)).

I'm on 3 a day and have ready to eat chicken tikka breast slices for my extra protein. I've found Aldi's to contain the least carbs (0.6g per 100g).
As I don't like fish, chicken can get a bit dull. Also it is ready to eat so if/when I need to eat something it's there and better to pick at that than biscuits/crisps/choc etc lol
Beth

Back