Which veg and salad?

nikola

Hi everyone, I am collecting my slim and save packs for me and my partner from them tomorrow! Defo making the switch from lipotrim, although we had a great first week on it! Can anyone please tell me which selected salad and veg you are allowed as I am going to get that today. Also I'm sure I've read on here something about coke zero being ok on this plan and I just wondered how true this is. Thanks. X

Coke Zero is not officially allowed on the plan. It won't take you out of ketosis though so you need to decide whether to have it or not - personally I don't.

You will get a list of veggies with the packs - off the top of my head asparagus, green pepper, spinach, watercress, spring onions, brocolli, cauliflower, mushrooms, cucumber...

Excellent, thanks. I'm not collecting the packs until tomorrow so just wanted to get the veg in today as not many places are open tomorrow with it being Easter Sunday. Sns said there is someone there around 11 tomorrow for me to collect.

White Cabbage! I've been having quite a lot of that lol..

Leeks and Lettuce are on the list too.

Good luck!

Spandex said:
is the 200g allowance the weight of the veg cooked or uncooked and does it weigh less after cooking? If so how much raw veg would I need to make 200g of cooked veg? I'm thinking of mushrooms here as my lovely big pile went down to practically nothing.

It is as you eat it - so cooked if you cook them. No idea what that means for raw weight.

How do people cook there mushrooms? as it says on the information sheet not to fry them, I did some the other day that I put a spag bog oxo and a little bit of water into the pan and cooked off and they had loads of flavour, but if you boil them they are totally tastless.

I dry fry the mushrooms until brown and then add a pinch of savoury stock/bouillon (not often) and a splash of water and then add to my soup or meal. However, mostly I stick to cauliflower or broccoli either semi steamed or raw. I need the crunch.

are you allowed sweetcorn?

No, sweetcorn is very high in sugar.

No , only the veg on the list hunny!!:)

i didnt have the list, thanx.

does that mean i can only have 100g of chicken or the tuan, not 2gther? like the chicken then mix the tuna in with the lettuce so that weighs 200gs?

You will probably find that 200g in a huge amount of veggies, I usually split my veg and weigh out my protein

ie. small tin of tuna & 100g veggies, snack later 100g veggies
OR 100g chicken & 100g veg, later 1 pack with 100g veg (such as mac cheese and caulliflower)
OR 50g chicken as a snack, then later 50g chicken, 1 pack and 200g veg allowance

can mix and match, long as the amounts are correct for veg & protein. 200g veg is hugeee!

Hope that helps some!

Yes, as Rebekah says it's 100g of protein in total and 200g of veg so you could have a 50g chicken / 50g tuna mix, or have them separately at different times of the day. You can split your 200g of veg as you like too, so you might want some with one of the S&S mealpacks, some with some chicken, and some with some tuna. As long as you don't go over the quantities you can split packs, split protein, split veggies exactly as you want.

Back