Which would be better??

d_e13

Need help

[feel free to post also on this thread if you're having trouble deciding which food to eat or about other things this thread is for everyone:))]

i'm having trouble to decide
which food for lunch would be better?

ham and egg sandwhich

or

1/2 cup of rice and a serving of meat

I can't remember who asked "What sort of sandwich is lower in calories ?" to get the reply "Half a sandwich!"

Why not make an "open" sandwich ? Spread your bread and pile your filling on top and eat with a knife and fork, looks more and prettier and lasts longer then a closed one which is gone in a couple of seconds ! Pretty it up with mustard cress or rocket. Be nice to yourself !

I can't remember who asked "What sort of sandwich is lower in calories ?" to get the reply "Half a sandwich!"

Why not make an "open" sandwich ? Spread your bread and pile your filling on top and eat with a knife and fork, looks more and prettier and lasts longer then a closed one which is gone in a couple of seconds ! Pretty it up with mustard cress or rocket. Be nice to yourself !

nice :) thanks any suggestion on the size of the bread??

Well as someone who used to cut the crusts off then eat them as I kidded myself they didn't count .... maybe I'm not the right person to answer that :eek:

But I suppose it depends which eating plan you are following and what you are allowed. Quite good to get into the habit of buying thin rather than medium or thick sliced and seedy, wholemeal type bread tends to be more satisfying. At the moment I love Burgen (google it for more info). Fab, and really tasty don't let the fact it's made from soya and linseed put you off. It is lovely and filling whether for sandwiches or toast and keeps and freezes really well. Used to be in health food shops, but most supermarkets now seem to stock it.

Well as someone who used to cut the crusts off then eat them as I kidded myself they didn't count .... maybe I'm not the right person to answer that :eek:

But I suppose it depends which eating plan you are following and what you are allowed. Quite good to get into the habit of buying thin rather than medium or thick sliced and seedy, wholemeal type bread tends to be more satisfying. At the moment I love Burgen (google it for more info). Fab, and really tasty don't let the fact it's made from soya and linseed put you off. It is lovely and filling whether for sandwiches or toast and keeps and freezes really well. Used to be in health food shops, but most supermarkets now seem to stock it.

The Burgen bread is lovely. She is right, don't let the linseed etc put you off. It is so tasty and filling.

Looking at the Burgen website, they also do a wheat and cranberry which sounds lovely and seems lower in calories and salt. I'll definitely have to look out for that one. There are a few recipes on the site and you can use it for breadcrumbs to make a crust for fish etc. Sounds nice ....

Omg that Burgen bread is gorgeous, it's all I ever eat. I never go through it fast enough so I keep it in the freezer and it's great, pop it in the toaster and sorted!

Otherwise, I'd have the meat and rice.. more satisfying for me. But I'm not sure which is better. Easy on the rice tho!

Back