Whinge about syns in curry!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Auburn, 22 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I'm gutted!! I read in the Syns section of my book that a lamb rogan josh was the best thing that I would pick from the Indian, at 6.5 syns... So deciding to have a cheats ready-made curry, I picked that sauce in the supermarket. The Sharwood's one..

It's bloomin 22 syns for the jar, that's 11 a serving cos we were greedy piggies!!

Oh well, you live and learn! Next time, we'll just go to the Indian :p !

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ohhh Jen.

Don't you just hate it when you try to do the 'right' thing and it backfires on you! I feel for you sweetie.

Oh well - at least you can go to the Indian takeaway next weekend knowing you really are doing the best possible thing, eh!

xx

4. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    That's the plan! hahaha!!

5. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The jars are so high in syns......how weird that we can eat from takeaway!!
    What about making it from scratch?....a new challenge ;)
    xx

6. Gem8133

Gem8133 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Jen,

I found the same when making a pasta meal in the week didnt even think and nearly used a jar of ragu... i mean its only tomatoes isnt it lol ( hahaha) luckily i checked first.. i am the same as you with the indian its a veg curry for me and boiled rice from now on.

Gems xxx

7. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Good idea Claire!! I got a recipe off the website actually, so yeah, that'll happen soon... :D hehe!

It is amazing how many syns those preservatives and stuff add to jars... :(!!!!

8. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made a gorgeous bolognese sauce tonight....knocks spots off the Ragu we always used to use ( hubbie still does and I have to syn it :eek: )
    11 for a jar but the one I made was free.....so much oil etc goes into them and its just not needed.
    If I use any sauces etc I usually go for packet dry sachets as they work out about 6 or 7 for the whole thing....much better for a quick meal
    Good luck with receipe
    x

9. Gem8133

Gem8133 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Claire... thank you i will have a go with the packets and see how i go thanks a lot

Gems xx

10. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Cheers :D I'm usually a cook from scratch person, its just curry needs so many spices that I forget to buy... haha!

11. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I do a really nice syn free chicken curry from scratch (well, its free on EE, dont know enough about the other plans to know whether it would comply with them). I shall work out the ingredients and post it in the recipe forum.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.