Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Whinge about syns in curry!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Auburn, 22 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I'm gutted!! I read in the Syns section of my book that a lamb rogan josh was the best thing that I would pick from the Indian, at 6.5 syns... So deciding to have a cheats ready-made curry, I picked that sauce in the supermarket. The Sharwood's one..

It's bloomin 22 syns for the jar, that's 11 a serving cos we were greedy piggies!!

Oh well, you live and learn! Next time, we'll just go to the Indian :p !

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ohhh Jen.

Don't you just hate it when you try to do the 'right' thing and it backfires on you! I feel for you sweetie.

Oh well - at least you can go to the Indian takeaway next weekend knowing you really are doing the best possible thing, eh!

xx

4. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    That's the plan! hahaha!!

5. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The jars are so high in syns......how weird that we can eat from takeaway!!
    What about making it from scratch?....a new challenge ;)
    xx

6. Gem8133

Gem8133 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Jen,

I found the same when making a pasta meal in the week didnt even think and nearly used a jar of ragu... i mean its only tomatoes isnt it lol ( hahaha) luckily i checked first.. i am the same as you with the indian its a veg curry for me and boiled rice from now on.

Gems xxx

7. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Good idea Claire!! I got a recipe off the website actually, so yeah, that'll happen soon... :D hehe!

It is amazing how many syns those preservatives and stuff add to jars... :(!!!!

8. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made a gorgeous bolognese sauce tonight....knocks spots off the Ragu we always used to use ( hubbie still does and I have to syn it :eek: )
    11 for a jar but the one I made was free.....so much oil etc goes into them and its just not needed.
    If I use any sauces etc I usually go for packet dry sachets as they work out about 6 or 7 for the whole thing....much better for a quick meal
    Good luck with receipe
    x

9. Gem8133

Gem8133 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Claire... thank you i will have a go with the packets and see how i go thanks a lot

Gems xx

10. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Cheers :D I'm usually a cook from scratch person, its just curry needs so many spices that I forget to buy... haha!

11. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I do a really nice syn free chicken curry from scratch (well, its free on EE, dont know enough about the other plans to know whether it would comply with them). I shall work out the ingredients and post it in the recipe forum.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.