WHISK Mug

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Well - I got a whisk mug off of ebay and I thought I would try it out in preperation of kmy first LL packets at work tomorrow.

I must say - I am very dissappointed - it's either got something wrogn with it, or its a rubbish gimmick.....the milk leaked right through the cup into the motor and through the bottom dribbling milk all down my front.

Yeah - THAT's going to keep me discreet at work!! :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had this problem? I am very dissappointed - thought it would be brill.

Size10Wannabe - you ordered one didn't you? Have you tried it out? Any luck with yours? Just wondering if mine is duff, or if that are rubbish? :mad::(

Oh well.....will rethink my plan. :D

:rolleyes: I'm sure I saw these in poundland and they looked kinda tacky and cheap so i gave it a miss... but I know you can get more decent ones... which one did you get?!?!

Our Poundland has not got them at the moment but they are good. I kept a stock in for new clients and they were all pleased with them. My DH's boss kept one at the office and one at home.

I use one that I got from Asda - not a discreet one though, just a proper hand whisk for about £5. For work I don't use one as I have a soup every day for lunch and don't need to use them for that.

Katie

I have a whisk mug from ebay and it has served me well over my many restarts on CD. Mine didnt leak, sounds stupid but i tightened it so much that it souldn leak (and now i cant take it apart)

I add the powder to the water while it's whisking - a lot of people either think it's too powdery or think they are totally rubbish.
I couldnt live without mine. I have a blender for mixing my packs with ice, but my whisk cup is a life saver :D

xxxx

I have a whisk mug from ebay and it has served me well over my many restarts on CD. Mine didnt leak, sounds stupid but i tightened it so much that it souldn leak (and now i cant take it apart)

I add the powder to the water while it's whisking - a lot of people either think it's too powdery or think they are totally rubbish.
I couldnt live without mine. I have a blender for mixing my packs with ice, but my whisk cup is a life saver :D

xxxx

There must be some damage or fautl to mine then - the liquid just runs through it like a seive....don't think its meant to!!! lol

Well, theres 7 squid down the drain. :rolleyes:

Do the make little hand blenders that are battery operated? I think that will be my next search!

:O! mine was only £3! that includes P&P!
I'll have a look later to see if i can find a link for you.
If you find a battery powered hand blenders, lemme know :)

Good luck hun xxx

:O! mine was only £3! that includes P&P!
I'll have a look later to see if i can find a link for you.
If you find a battery powered hand blenders, lemme know :)

Good luck hun xxx

Hi BG - I just foudn and bought little mini hand blenders on ebay...I bought 2 - one for work, and one for home.

Thanks!!
x

I bought a whisk mug from ebay when I first started CD, mine was also rubbish - don't know if I was doing it wrong, but there just didn't seem to be enough power to mix all the powder. Even if I put it in a little at a time by the time I'd put half in, it just wasn't mixing.

I've also got a battery operated small hand whisk (the same kind of whisk that is in the bottom of the whisk mug) that should be used as an aerolate (for frothing milk in cappucino). This is also not strong enough to do the job.

I've now resorted to a small balloon whisk that I got with a coffee making set some time ago (about 4-5in tall). It's not perfect, but it gets most of the lumps out.

My CDC said to me that one of the new products being launched by CD is a shaker that will mix the shakes (think slimfast used to do a similar type of product years ago) - so maybe that will be a solution to the problem?

My husband is a bodybuilder and for his protein shakes he's got a shaker with a removable grid at the top of it, just under the lid. He puts the powder and milk in, shakes it up, et voila - no lumps!

Lighter life do the shakers with the grid but I only find them any use for the soups (and even then you've got to be careful about explosions!). They're pretty useless with the shakes. Slimfast mixes much easier than the LL shakes IMO.

I used a blender at home and just eat bars at work.

I bought a small hand blender from Sainsburys, £3.75. It is electric and the only plug is under my desk.

So there I am whisking under my desk. Everyone keeps looking and wondering what I am doing with the burring down below.:massmoon: I just keep em guessing.

Lighter life do the shakers with the grid but I only find them any use for the soups (and even then you've got to be careful about explosions!). They're pretty useless with the shakes. Slimfast mixes much easier than the LL shakes IMO.

I used a blender at home and just eat bars at work.

Explosions!!!??? Do tell - having my first soup at noon!!

I bought a small hand blender from Sainsburys, £3.75. It is electric and the only plug is under my desk.

So there I am whisking under my desk. Everyone keeps looking and wondering what I am doing with the burring down below.:massmoon: I just keep em guessing.

LOL - I had the same thought that it is certainly going to raise eyeborws when people here me vibrating at my desk!!! LOL :eek::D

I had mine off Ebay and it was fine - you've got a duff one - send it back!

LOL at the vibrating under the desk, bet that raises some eyebrows :)

Well, just thought I would update this thread. I contacted the EBAY seller, and they were fantastic - they wrote back and said they would send another out that day or would refund me - my choice. I opted to try again and received the second mug in about 2 days. ANd this one works just fine. Its perfect for soups. Not up to the shakes, but great for the soups so will be great for work.

Just thought I would let you know the outcome!! I didn't want to put anyone off them, and now know I just had a duff one. Sorted.

Cheers!!

Back