White Bread

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by serafyn, 10 February 2009 Social URL.

1. serafyn

serafyn Full Member

Hi,

Does anyone find that when they obtain THE SAME amount of calories from white bread as from other sources the white bread days lead to the slowest weight loss or have they even gained, although not technically eating more calories???? :confused:

Very puzzled.:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I think it's bread in general to be honest. A couple of years ago I gave it up altogether and it produced very good results! I have laid off it this week too, and have lost 2lbs since Saturday. I think it may have been part of the reason I hadn't been loosing, although I only used to have a small granary roll everyday. Bread is the work of the devil, but is lush and so convenient!!! :devilangel:

4. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    White bread is empty calories. It isn't wholegrain and therefore you miss out on most of the nutrients. My friend switched from white bread to wholemeal pitta bread and lost weight so maybe there is something in it.

5. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    oh man i love white bread. how about white tortilla? cos at the moment i switched my sandwhich to a tortilla wrap

6. serafyn

serafyn Full Member

Hi Guys and thanks for the advice! I'm gonna lay off bread altogether for a while and see what happens, having lost nothing this week :(

I don't know if tortilla's are the same as white bread? Lovely filled with salad ummmm

7. boleyna

boleyna Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(26.34%)
    Diet:
    CC
    I love bread too, it is so hard to resist. Yesterday I ate about 3 pieces of that tiger bread, I was really annoyed with myself, but never mind. I will try and be good today.

8. serafyn

serafyn Full Member

^ OH NO not the Tiger bread thats is so lush!!! It was that bread that made me gain one week :(

9. Patchninja

Patchninja Full Member

Start Weight:
    30kg
    Current Weight:
    30kg
    Goal Weight:
    60kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    It's the white flour that does the damage - doesn't matter if it's in a loaf or a wrap!:(

10. RachelM

RachelM Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have either nimble bread or an equally low calorie loaf each week. It's brown so I know it's better for me than white and there's only around 50 calories per slice depending on which type you buy.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.