White Bread

serafyn

Hi,

Does anyone find that when they obtain THE SAME amount of calories from white bread as from other sources the white bread days lead to the slowest weight loss or have they even gained, although not technically eating more calories???? :confused:

Very puzzled.:confused:

I think it's bread in general to be honest. A couple of years ago I gave it up altogether and it produced very good results! I have laid off it this week too, and have lost 2lbs since Saturday. I think it may have been part of the reason I hadn't been loosing, although I only used to have a small granary roll everyday. Bread is the work of the devil, but is lush and so convenient!!! :devilangel:

White bread is empty calories. It isn't wholegrain and therefore you miss out on most of the nutrients. My friend switched from white bread to wholemeal pitta bread and lost weight so maybe there is something in it.

Hi Guys and thanks for the advice! I'm gonna lay off bread altogether for a while and see what happens, having lost nothing this week :(

I don't know if tortilla's are the same as white bread? Lovely filled with salad ummmm

I love bread too, it is so hard to resist. Yesterday I ate about 3 pieces of that tiger bread, I was really annoyed with myself, but never mind. I will try and be good today.

^ OH NO not the Tiger bread thats is so lush!!! It was that bread that made me gain one week :(

It's the white flour that does the damage - doesn't matter if it's in a loaf or a wrap!:(

I have either nimble bread or an equally low calorie loaf each week. It's brown so I know it's better for me than white and there's only around 50 calories per slice depending on which type you buy.

Back