Who actually follows the 'ideal weight guide'??

Oh balls! I did it gentle and there was a TINY gap!! I did it tight there was none, Im large!!!!!!! What does this mean!!?? lol x

It sounds like you may be a medium/large bone structure (if I squeeze tight I overlap). This is good though, it means you will look great at your goal weight! :)

If you have a tape measure handy the exact wrist measurements are:

less than 5.5inch = small

5.5 inch to 5.75 = medium

over 5.75 inch = large

Although dont forget, all of these are general guidelines!

There is also a measurement you can do with your elbow bone, but it is much more difficult unless you have a special measuring thingy that looks like a protractor.

Ive just measured.. im large!?
Is this normal LARGE frame and small height lol
So does this mean i should look ok at my goal weight!? xxx

Ive just measured.. im large!?
Is this normal LARGE frame and small height lol
So does this mean i should look ok at my goal weight!? xxx

It sound like you'll look just perfect at your goal :)

You little GEM i could kiss you right now but we shall settle for a hug :bighug:

Youve made my day, no week, NO MONTH :D
Im proud to be large framed haha wow never thought id say that!? xx

yay!!! Stef is happy again :D!!! woop woop.

im Medium i think xx

You little GEM i could kiss you right now but we shall settle for a hug :bighug:

Youve made my day, no week, NO MONTH :D
Im proud to be large framed haha wow never thought id say that!? xx

Aww thanks sugar. I like hugs!

Glad to be of service! Here's one back just for you! :hug99:

I am wooohooo lol You better get your measuring tape out when u get home mrs!! :) Speaking of measuring ive only gone and lost the chart i started with my measurments and didnt write them anywhere else grrrr!!!!! xx

Why thankyou :D xx

right so everyones talking about goal weight etc. im 5ft 3 and medium i want to be 10st 5lbs. . . no idea why. Would this look right? prob not will it? maybe 10st! argh confused lol xxxx

haha Stef - pull your finger out and find your measurments mrs! i might start recording mine on here as a "back up" as now i've told you off for losing yours im bound to lose mine now!! hehe xxx

We will have to wait for kiika's reply on the weight, she is the expert haha

And yes u should i wish i had, gutted now as i was only gonna measure monthly and its 2 days away!!! Will have another look, knowing me ive chucked it away on accident! xx

right so everyones talking about goal weight etc. im 5ft 3 and medium i want to be 10st 5lbs. . . no idea why. Would this look right? prob not will it? maybe 10st! argh confused lol xxxx

10st or 10st 5lbs should be fine. See how you feel when you get there!

BMI wise, the top for your hight would be 10st but we've all thrown out the whole BMI nonsence Today as its not realistic! so there... stupid BMI calculator! LMAO!! :rotflmao:

hahaha thanks Kilka!!! defo thrown the stupid NHS BMI calculator out the window!! silly doctors!! 10st is the highest for my height. . . hmmm they are wrong lol xxx

We will have to wait for kiika's reply on the weight, she is the expert haha

And yes u should i wish i had, gutted now as i was only gonna measure monthly and its 2 days away!!! Will have another look, knowing me ive chucked it away on accident! xx

HAHAHA! I'm hardly an expert, I've just been dieting for far too long to mention and have an uncontrollable obsession with finding out every little thing I can about whatever it is I am doing.... (sad really! LOL)

I have a need to be full of useless (sometimes useful) information!!!

Combine that with constant web searches and you have a lethal combination!!! :character00148:

hahahahaha

I like your lethal combination :D x

I calculated it on a site cnt find it now, if i was at my goal weight 135 lb it says im overwight (if your between 25-29.9) and i would be 26.4.
And it says on that nhs chart thingy that for my height i should be in the 8 stones as a healthy weight, or am i just bein plain thick and reading all these measurments wrong!?? xx

Hi there

We are exactly the same height :)

An ideal BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9.

For our height this means a weight range between 95 and 126 pounds.

I think you need to see how you look when you reach the highest 'normal' weight of 9 stones ( 126 pounds ) and see how you feel. If you are happy, great. If not, you could go lower. That's my plan!

BMI has been used for many years. It is not perfect by any means, but is a very useful indicator of a normal weight range. Outside of this range, and sadly you will be considered as overweight.

Good luck! :D

Yeah i will see how i go.. Personally i have never been under 9.5 stone and i dont remember ever feeling overweight so will see what happens :) xx

I think the majority of people think those ideal weight guides are a load of cr*p to be honest
Im 5ft 2 , large frame , large boobs
I reckon the best I ever looked was between 9st 2 and 10st
I did go down to 8stone once , not intentionally , but through stress and bereavement and I looked utterly ridiculous , I have a large ribcage which stuck out , and I looked a really odd shape
Most people I chat to on here are aiming for a healthy BMI at the upper end of normal

Another thing I have found is that if you aim too low and do actually get there , you will have a nightmare trying to maintain it.

perhaps your goal should be a BMI, waist size or dress size , rather than a weight , and stop looking at ideal weight charts lol

very true! Im going for a size 10-12 :D xxx

Back