Who all goes to sw classes

minnietheminx

Hi just curious how many of us go to classes and do you all stay at class. I do but I was thinking of weighing in then going but not sure if it will keep me as motivated

I went to class for 7 months and lost 3st, then I left for 3 months and a bout of depression later id put nearly the whole lot back on :-( I've had to start all over again, but after 7months of classes I decided to try the DIY approach as I'm a student so was finding SW expensive.

I go to group and stay for the class. For years I used to weigh and go but we changed groups around 14 months ago and our new group is great. It definitely helps to motivate me

I do it at home. I am loosing weight so feel for me its not nessacary to go to the group.

I go to group and always stop unless personal life steps in then I don't :) I find I'm better behaved when I do stop and ours is a lovely group :)
That said im not stopping tomorrow as got my depo at doctors lol xx and won't be there next week as on holiday lol back on it and back on 30th :)

I am an online member which suits me although there are times when I would just love to go to a class to see what they are like.

I go to group because I enjoy it socially, and the awards are fun. But it honestly doesn't make that much difference to whether I stay on plan or not, as I've lost a lot of weight in the past without a group.

I don't think I'd pay to just weigh and go though - I can do that at home for free! lol

It's all down to how motivated you are to lose the weight. Some people need that external motivation from a group whereas others, like me, get motivated enough just looking at any changing room mirror which highlights every lump and bump and always with the worst possible lighting :eek:.

Tx

I go to group and stay to group. I think my SW leader summarises this perfectly, she says: You're not paying me to tell you a number on a scale, you could do that at home. You're paying me to inspire you to make change, to support you etc. and to get ideas from other members. I think being part of the group is really encouraging and if it's a nice group you definitely feel glad for everyone on their weight loss journey as well!

I try to always stay to group. It's not much time out of my life in the grand scheme of things, and it definitely helps keep me on track and motivate me - particularly when I've gained or not had the loss I was expecting! I think it helps to have a good consultant, though.

I go to group and try to stay though I'll probably have to group hop a lot due to working shifts and may not always be able to stay. I've just started in a new group and the timings mean I would probably rarely be able to stay so may have to change groups.

I go to group. I really like my leader & group, and to me it does make a huge difference - it helps me to emphasise that it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. I get tips and advice from my group, they're lovely and friendly, and it's really nice to know there are people genuinely rooting for you who will also support you if you have a gain, and who know how you feel when you get an award or a maintain or a gain, where friends just don't get it.

The leader makes a huge difference imo - visited another group in week 2 and really didn't like the different style. I've felt much more able to cope and keep easily on track with my group :)

I tried the diet before and lost about a stone just getting weighed and not staying. A few social events came up and I didn't maintain the motivation and stopped, putting all the weight back on. This time I've stayed to class each week and lost 17lb so far. I feel embarrassed if I don't try hard during the week as I don't want the embarrassment of putting on weight when chatting in the class. It's keeping me focused and I'm getting lots of help and encouragement. I'm the only bloke usually in a class of about 20...

I also stay to class every week. This is probably my 5th or 6th time to join SW. Every other time I would weigh and leave and I never really had much luck with it. This time staying to class has really helped keep me motivated (and possibly a little competitive lol) and I have lost weight consistently each week. I need the accountability of a class I think :)

I used to go to classes but doing from home now due to money issues. I always stayed for the group after weigh in, its motivating to lose weight and you get lots of different tips for snacks and meals.

For those that go to the classes can you answer this for me? I am an online member. Would it be okay for me to pop in to the 'classes' every now and again specifically to pick up some of the products or whatever?? Years ago I did WW (nowhere near as good as SW) which I did online but I was 'allowed' to attend a meeting if I fancied (and did every now and again). I keep hearing about these "hi five" bars and would love to try them but don't think you can get them anywhere else.

Im not sure trf1960....you need your card to purchase anything so you may not be able to? Is there any SW leaders on here that could help maybe?

For those that go to the classes can you answer this for me? I am an online member. Would it be okay for me to pop in to the 'classes' every now and again specifically to pick up some of the products or whatever?? Years ago I did WW (nowhere near as good as SW) which I did online but I was 'allowed' to attend a meeting if I fancied (and did every now and again). I keep hearing about these "hi five" bars and would love to try them but don't think you can get them anywhere else.

I would text a consultant in your area (log out of the SW website and do the postcode search to get contact details) as I don't think there's one set rule since each consultant is actually a franchisee. I can only speak for the groups I've attended, but there's no card checking at the shop part which is run separately from the pay/weigh desks where the card is required. So theoretically you could walk in off the street and buy what you wanted, then just walk back out before group started. But I can't see the consultants I personally know having any issues with online members buying stock anyway, it's money in their account after all.

You can get HiFi bars on eBay from resellers, but they have a HUGE markup. Best to start asking local groups first!

Last edited:
No one asks for card details when I purchase anything, all our products are on separate table with a club helper taking money for purchases

Back