Who ate all the (Cherry) Pies???

cherry-pie

Trying again in 2012
Monday May 9th

I’ve been following the plan for 12 weeks, although must admit that the last three of these have been decidedly ropey, with two weeks on and off and one week away on hols which was completely off! However, as of yesterday when we got back home I’m back on plan and hoping that starting a public rather than private diary will give me the feeling of a fresh start again. The fridge is stocked, my meals are roughly planned, my water bottle is full and May is a quiet one socially so I have no excuses!!!

I didn’t weigh last week as we were away, but I know from what I ate and drank that I have without a doubt gained, so just need to do some damage control between now and Thursday to try and minimise that gain! I don’t attend classes but WI at home on a Thursday with my OH. He is following the ‘essence of SW’ – ie he wants to lose it and likes the meals we have but has no interest in how it works or why! His meals are pretty much on plan but his HE portions are not measured, so he tends to have an extra B choice most days. However, being a bloke who loses faster this gives me a chance to keep up with him and 12 weeks on we are pretty much level pegging on our losses!!

I’m not able to post from work, so I’ll be writing this in an email form to myself throughout the day and then posting it in the evening, so apologies if it seems a little rambling!!

Food plan for the day:
Red day

Breakfast – 2 ww yogurts (wouldn’t usually have 2 but they have been lingering a while in the fridge and are 3 days past their use by!!) I did eat these but not until after lunch.

Lunch – quiche made from 2 eggs, ½ pot cottage cheese, 2 slices of ham with green salad and an apple

Throughout the day – small galia melon chopped up (yes, a whole one!)

Dinner – chicken marinaded in yogurt, lemon juice and tandoori spice with hm syn free raitia, 2 wm pittas (2xHEB) and a huge salad (Plus HEA of 42g reduced fat cheddar)

HEA – 250ml ss milk (in tea)

Syns – not sure yet, but an after dinner treat to be decided! Cornetto enigma raspberry - 9 syns and absoultely gorgeous!!! (and only £1 per box in asda at the mo!)

Syns total: 9 :)

First day back in the office today which is always hard after a week and a bit off. I am responsible for an office of 70 staff which is undergoing some huge changes so lots of catching up to do. I was in at 7.30 and by 10.00 my new to-do list was already going onto another side of paper! Its now 11.45 and my breakfast is still in my bag, next to my lunch! I’ve had a litre of water, but need to make time for brekkie as I don’t think its good to be running on empty for too long. As well as the effects on the metabolism I think it makes me more inclined to overeat later in the day

23.10 - Off the bed in a mo but was determined to post my first diary! It was a long day today, but I was pleasantly full all day, and my tandoori chicken was gorgeous tonight. Off to mash some tuna for tomorrow before turning in for the night x

Another day back on plan - feeling brighter and better for eating cleaner again! Work was slightly less busy too, only 10 hours today!!

Food today:
EE

B - 2 ww yogurts, apple

L - tuna, el mayo (2), huge salad

5 quality street (10)

D - actifry chips, small steak topped with dollop of chilli, mush, onions and peppers, 2 kewis

HEA - milk in tea
HEB - fibre plus bar later on with a cuppa

syns: 12

I found an easier way to get my breakfast down today - I emptied them both (toffee and vanilla) into a tupperware beaker, added some water, gave it a good shake and drank as a yogurt drink - very tasty! I'm hoping that if I persist in a daily breakfast routine it will get easier to eat it! Its fine at the weekend as I've usually been up for about 4 hours first, but on a workday I stuggle to eat anything before I leave the house and tend to forget about it after.

Dinner tonight was yummy, although kind of accidental - OH thought he'd pulled two steaks from the freezer, but one of the unlabelled bags turned out to be a frozen portion of chilli con carne - so we had half a steak each topped with the chilli - it was blooming lovely!! (really do need to label my freezer bags though!)

eeeeeeeeee hello :wavey:

Just spotted your diary and thought I would pop in :D,

My hubby is "on plan" too -well, like your hubby -he eats what I put in front of him and I keep the syns as low as possible and try not to use his A+Bs so when he has what he thinks are "extras" they are actually what he is entitled to :sign0151: ... Its much easier that way isn't it -mine isn't bothered about the "ins and outs" and if we can help them get healthier without them knowing :happy036:

Sounds like you are super organised and focussed :clap:, especially with how busy you sound :eek:

Im glad Im not the only one who plays "lucky dip" sometimes when I take things out of the freezer :rotflmao:

Hope you have a good week and keep up the great work!!

Hi Capricorn, my first visitor - welcome, come in and have a cuppa and a chinwag! Much of our freezer is lucky dip - we both keep saying that we need to spend an hour doing a bit of a stocktake but it seems like such a dull thing to waste an hour on when there are much more entertaining things to do like walking the dogs, pottering about the garden - or just hiding in a sunny spot with a good book - bliss!!!

Today has been a good food day and I used my numerous meetings in work to get in some much needed movement by walking the long way round the building and up and down the stairs as many times as possible!! Its been a lazy evening though - yummy roast dinner followed by a pot a tea, a yankee candle (chocolate truffle), a chocolate treat and the apprentice on the TV - and all this while OH was upstairs hoovering and ironing - I did feel guilty for a moment but then the feeling passed!!!

Food: Red day

B - 2 hard boiled eggs (3rd consecutive day of brekkie - this is progress!)

L - sliced chicken breast, tub of cottage cheese, small salad, melon (a whole one eaten over the course of the afternoon!!)

D - 200g new pots dry roasted (HEB), 200g parsnips dry roasted (HEB), cabbage, roast pork, gravy (5 syns)

HEA - milk in tea

5 quality street (10 syns)

Total syns: 15

A good day and now I'm off for a good nights sleep!

Last edited:
I can feel the weekend getting closer and I’ve had a good catch up day in work so everything is feeling better again now!! I love going on hols, but the first few days back in the office are always a nightmare!!!

Food plan for the day: Green

B – 2 hard boiled eggs

L – Pot Noodle in a mug thingy (I made a pasta salad but left it at home L) but this was OK as an emergency desk draw filler!!! WW yogurt, apple

Snack – pear, kewi

D – chicken breast (HEB) , actifry roast veggies – onions, pepper, new pots with asparagus thrown in at the end for good measure! HM syn free BBQ sauce.

Syns? Not sure yet, but trying to hold some back for tomorrow night as it’s a friends birthday and Chinese has been mentioned. If I don’t keep any back I’ll happily settle for a chow mein, but if I save some then I can add something else – need to check syns for average beef in black bean sauce – and have a glass of wine too!!!

Second HEB – fibre plus bar
Second HEA – milk in tea

Syns - 0 (so 15 to carry forward for tomorrow!)

Got out of work on time tonight so a gentle stroll with the dogs helped blow the cobwebs away - even the sun was out so all was well! Gonna have a cuppa and a cereal bar in a mo and then thats me done for the day!

Last edited:
Hello honey - I think I was posting in yours while you were in mine - spooky!!!

How you feeling this evening - better I hope?

cherry-pie said:
Hello honey - I think I was posting in yours while you were in mine - spooky!!!

How you feeling this evening - better I hope?

Hello my love *big hig*

Yes I am thankfully.. I haven't had back pain today and started my anti biotics so hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.

How are you? X

I'm good today thankyou - I was off work last week on my hols and it was blissful but then returning to the office on Monday was really hard work. I manage an office that is being closed down in the autumn so theres lots of change going on, not all of it positive. We're working hard to redeploy all the staff (70) within the company, but as each person leaves it makes it a little harder for those who are still there. So at the moment I'm trying to do some HR, some counsellor, some inventor of new posts on top of the regular day job. Its doubly sad as they're not just my staff, they're all good friends too. We'll be Ok though, they're a bright young lot with lots to offer, its just a difficult couple of months to manage a way through. Feeling more in control of it all again by today though, it just took a few days to get my brain back into gear and to get back into my stride again!
I think thats why food went so overboard last wek when I was off, it was the relief of not having to think too hard! So much so that I gained 4 b****y pounds in WI today!! However, it was a fab break (only a caravan in west wales with the OH and the dogs but it was like living the good life for a week!) and now I'm back and fighting again!!!

Sounds like you've got a lot on at the mo too - perhaps this is where the infection has come from when your defences were down? Have a big hug from me and I'll send you a lovely cuppa too (my cure to most things!!) xxx

cherry-pie said:
I'm good today thankyou - I was off work last week on my hols and it was blissful but then returning to the office on Monday was really hard work. I manage a contact centre that is being closed down as the contract has been pulled so theres lots of change going on, not all of it positive. We're working hard to redeploy all the staff (70) within the company, but as each person leaves it makes it a little harder for those who are still there. So at the moment I'm trying to do some HR, some counsellor, some inventor of new posts on top of the regular day job. Its doubly sad as they're not just my staff, they're all good friends too. We'll be Ok though, they're a bright young lot with lots to offer, its just a difficult couple of months to manage a way through.
I think thats why food went so overboard last wek when I was off, it was the relief of not having to think too hard! So much so that I gained 4 b****y pounds in WI today!! However, it was a fab break (only a caravan in west wales with the OH and the dogs but it was like living the good life for a week!) and now I'm back and fighting again!!!

Sounds like you've got a lot on at the mo too - perhaps this is where the infection has come from when your defences were down? Have a big hug from me and I'll send you a lovely cuppa too (my cure to most things!!) xxx

Bless you. Thank you for the huggies..

You must be under so much stress at work! But you're right, things will get better.. You have to soldier on and endure whatever life is going to hit you with. It's very sad though when you work with ppl who have become friends and they're having to go through all of this.

A break from life is always good! We wanted to go abroad this year but have so many expenses coming up that i don't think we'll be able to. I do plan on taking time off and even if its going to wales or lake district and being around beautiful surroundings that will be enough. You need time to regroup..

Absolutely, just some wide open space to stop and breathe and enjoy the little things is like a balm for the soul. I hope you manage to get away, even if its just a cheapie like we did!

Yesterday's post:

Yay, its Friday!!!! Good day in work, I managed almost everything on that huge to do list that I created on Monday - so sad, but I love to tick them off as they're done!!! Hopefully next week will be a little less manic!

Fab evening too with some of my favourite people. Its my friend's daughter's birthday so she invited us some of us over for a chinese. We all sat around her huge kitchen table and put the world to rights, everthing from politics to the royal wedding to keeping chickens and goats!!! It was non stop chatter all night as we all caught up - and we varied in age from 6 to 70!

Food:
Green day

B - nothing (I know, I was doing so well!)

L - pasta, tuna(B), sweetcorn, el mayo (2), quark; an apple and a pear

D - beef in black bean (16.5 but I'm taking 6 off as HEB2 so 10.5), plain boiled rice, 2 prawn crackers (4), 2 small glasses of wine (12)

HEA - milk in tea

Syns total 28.5

I love those days when I'm with my friends and we can talk for England! Glad you had fun yday x

Saturday May 14th

Busy busy busy today, but sometimes those are the best days!

Food shopping first thing (we were back home just after 9.00am!) and we got lots of lovely SW goodies including british strawberries (smell devine) and quark - my asda finally seem to have a regular stock of it and I'm starting to add it to lots of savoury dishes with great success! Also bought another box of the raspberry cornetto enigmas - 9 syns but utterly gorgeous!!!

After unpacking the shopping breakfast was eaten whilst driving as I'd promised to help my baby brother (who is now 25!!) move house, so spent several hours carrying boxes and bags of stuff up and down stairs - his old place was 3 storeys up and the new one on the second floor so lots of leg exercise and weightlifting combined!!

Home then for a very late lunch and then spent several hours in the garden planting, weeding, moving pots and sweeping up - so more body magic there too!

Dinner was gorgeous and I've just settled down now to watch some TV and have a catch up on here - all in all a good day! Food is all on plan too:

EE day

B - pear, apple

L - small jacket pot with small tin of tuna mixed with sweetcorn and el mayo (1 syn), big green salad

D - this was so lovely, I can't wait to make it again!! I threw together a sauce of onions, mushrooms, green and red peppers, minced beef, 2 slices of bacon finely chopped, oxo cube, chilli flakes, garlic and tinned toms and let it simmer for ages before serving it over gnocci (the tesco ambient one in the discount brands range) with a big dollop of quark on the top - delish!!!

HEA if milk in tea, but I still have a B choice to use and I haven't had any syns yet but the night is still young so I may come back and amend later!!

10.40 - I knew I'd be back!

slice of wm toast (HEB) with cheese spread (1 syn) and marmite
mini bag of choc digestives (6 syns)

Total: 8 syns

Last edited:
Roziee - I can always talk for Britain, even in my sleep, or so my OH claims!!!

Hannah - you clearly know me too well already, Britains got talent and then over just in time for Blue to sing. Euro pop still humming away in the background as I type!!!

Hope you both have a good Saturday night (whats left of it!!)

Hi this is my first time on this website and I can't find anywhere to ask you all or write to you all just heeded some advice, I've stook to sw since Monday morning and then I've just gone and eaten lots of mini cheddars, a White magnum and some fruitellas I feel really disappointed in my self but just wanted to know was the 6 days before today of sw a waste of time? Xxx

Hi Fatty (that just sounds too rude!!), welcome to SW and hope you're finding your way around a bit better today? In terms of a little slip yesterday, its what you do next that really counts. You could decide that yes, a few hours of eating will undo 6 days of being on plan and decide to throw the towel in declaring the whole thing to be a disaster, only to start again in a few days / weeks/ months/ years time, quite possibly heavier by then. OR, you could think about it logically, remember that this is a learning curve, remember to be kind to yourself and resolve to get right back on plan NOW - not tomorrow, not Monday, not after x event or whatever but right now. I'm trying hard these days to always go for the second option - it doesn't stop me overeating some days but it does help to limit the damage!

Good luck, and I hope you come back and tell me that you're back on track and feeling good!! xxx

Last edited:
A lazy Sunday here for me today. I've done a bit of cleaning and some washing, but thats about it so far! I think I'll have to get off my bum in a mo and go for a nice walk with the dogs or I'll be kicking myself later for 'wasting' a day!

Food-wise, we've had a late brunch and will have a roast later - yummy!!!

EE Day:

Brunch - 1/2 a slice of gammon, 2 eggs (scrambled), actifry potato cubes with onions and mushrooms, tinned toms, 2 cups of tea - lovely!!

Dinner - roast chicken, cabbage, swede, actifry roast pots, gravy (4 syns)

Supper - veg & bean soup (from the freezer!) with a slice of wm bread or a fibre plus bar for my HEB

HEA - milk in tea

Thats the plan anyway!

I hope everyone is having a lovely day and catch up soon xxx

Amendment to yesterday:

Didn't have the soup in the end, but I did have slice of toast with marmite and a cornetto enigma (9 syns)

Syns total: 14

Getting off my butt to walk the dogs was good as otherwise a post-dinner snooze was threatening!!!I've been a bit down over the weekend, worrying about my brother who has some problems right now and worrying about work (or more to the the point the potential lack of it later in the year!) but after a good think, a little cry and a long-head clearing walk I'm able to put it all alot more into perspective and concentrate on on the things that I can control and try to worry less about the things that I can't. One day at a time eh?

Last edited:
Monday 16th

Good day in work today, although a long one, but I don't mind that if I achieve something! I spent yesterday doing some planning for the week so we should know where we are evening meal wise - although I'm going to need to do a mid week fruit and veg re-stock as we're eating so blooming much of the stuff - come on garden, hurry up! So far we're harvesting lettuces and salad leaves but not alot else!

Food today: EE

B - Pear, apple

L - 3 eggs and quark quiche with bacon. I usually only use 2 eggs and now i know why - 3 is very filling! Worked out well though as I had 2/3 for lunch and the other 1/3 at about 4.00 before going into the meeting, knowing that I was in there until at least 6.30!
strawberries, fromage frais

D - curry and egg fried veg rice - curry: chicken, onions, mush, chinese curry paste (6 syns); rice: 1/2 sachet boil in the bag rice, peppers, mush, onion, cabbage, sweetcorn, egg, soy sauce

HEa - milk in tea
HEb - 2 alpen lights or fibre plus bar - had 3/4 tin of pears in juice in the end with a dollop of from frais - made a lovely change!

Syns total: 6

Last edited:
Back