Who ate all the (Cherry) Pies???

Thank you honey, that means a lot - and i may well bend your ear at some point! xxx

Thank you both, it really does mean alot to know that you're there. I'm doing OK again today, trying to do something positive re work by getting involved in some new projects in areas that I'm less familiar with so I can learn some new skills. My brother is getting some help, and I can be more use to him if I stay upbeat rather than getting down with him, bless him!

I hope you're both OK today? Are you back in Uni now Hannah? Roziee, how are you feeling now? Did you make that appt?

I'm going to do my diary for today and then I'll pop into both of your's for a catch up xxx

Today has been a good day!! :D Nothing special about it, just getting back in control of food and work and family and feeling much better for it! It feels like i haven't stopped eating today, but its all on plan:

Red day:

B - 2x alpen light (HEB1), pear

L - tuna & red onion in extra light mayo (2), huge green salad, strawberries, fromage frais

S - apple, slices of wafer thin ham

D - pork casserole (pork, carrots, swede, onions, turnip (it had celery in it too but I picked them out - yuck yuck yuck!!!), gravy granules (3)) with 200g new pots (HEB2)
cornetto enigma (9)

HEA - milk in tea

Syns total: 14

(weekly total: 72, one day of week remaining)

The casserole was lovely. It was a frozen bag of veg, only 80p in asda so a bargain and so simple to just chuck in the slow cooker this morning. It did seem daft having casserole in the summer but its freezing here this week, I've been tempted to put the heating back on!!

Dentist - snap! Although, I thought I was going for x-rays and ended up with an extraction! My dog accidentally whacked in the face months ago and cracked my tooth but sadly it couldn't be saved. Its at the back so visually not an issue but it seemed to be giving the dentist some grief to get it out! Mind you its my first extraction, maybe they all feel that traumatic! Nevermind, its done now and at least soup, yogurt and scambled eggs are all on plan!!!

I hope your dentist appt was more routine!!

OH is a sweetie - he bought me some sugar free chocolate crusha and defrosted several bags of my homemade veg, bean and barley soup so I had something for tea!

I think that the green plan fits best with my food today:

No breakfast

No food for lunch but mid afternoon HEA milk with crusha NAS chocolate syrup

Dinner - mug of soup (with more to come later!)

Quiet night tonight, shower, pj's, waterloo road and the apprentice and I think!! Hope you all have a good one xxx

Thursday May 19th

WI today and I am happy happy happy - 6lbs down!! So thats last weeks 4lbs gone again plus two of their mates!!! Super chuffed!!!:D:D:D

Tooth appears to be healing OK, but sticking to soft food lukewarm food only today again:

Green

B - cup of tea

L - inside of a jacket spud with cottage cheese

S - pear, slice of bread (HEB) with cheese spread (2)

D - pasta n sauce, 2 slices of ham (HEB)

HEA - milk in 2 teas and pasta

syns: 2

Hi Cherry-Pie

Congrats on your weight loss! Bet you are chuffed! Boo x

:woohoo: :party0011: :woohoo: :party0011: :woohoo: :party0011:
Way to go Mrs ....what a cracking loss,,,, I hope you did a little jig :p
Here's to another great week....

Cherry!!!!!!! Wow what a fantastic loss ( goes and reads up on your las weeks diary again)

Very proud of you darling xxxxxx

Awwwww, thank you, that was like reading three lovely big hugs!!!

Good day here - I am in the process of having to close down my dept in work, which is an emotional rollercoaster on times as you can imagine. Today 4 more of the team were offered new positions. This means that this month I have secured 20% of the staff new jobs within the company which I am so happy about as its only month one and we have another 4 months to go. All the workshops and mock interviews and cv editing is paying off! I'm still glad that its Friday though!!!

Red day:

B - nothing (poor I know, I'm going to get back onto to this again, I was doing well until the dentist!)

L - 1/2 tub of cottage cheese, turkey slices, apple, pear

S - melba toasts (2 syns) and 3 laughing cow lights (1/2HEA)
(I was strong today - it was cakes galore in work for birthdays and the like, including lovely cream ones, but I stayed strong and resisted. I had the syns but today it was 'my treats on my terms'!)

D - roast turkey (The last of the Christmas turkey from the depths of the freezer!), gravy (4 syns), cabbage, 300g new pots (1 1/2HEB )
watermelon, strawberries
This was a huge dinner - but I was so hungry!!!

HEA - milk in tea

packet of special k breaks (5 syns)

Friday syns total: 11

Weekly total: 13

I'll update later if I have the extra HEs and any other syns

I hope everyone has a fab weekend xxx

Last edited:
Good , all, what a cold and dull day it is here! I'm off to the shops this morning for a few food bits, some hair gunk and a couple of birthday presents! After that, not much planned!

Food plan for today:

Green or EE - undecided yet! OK decided on EE:

Breakfast - nothing yet - I want to see if Boots have any of the naked granola that you can have as a HEB - I'll be so excited if they do!!!
They didn't have any, don't stock it even though its a bigger store :( I'm going to have to order some online instead.
B - 12.5 g of sweet chilli rice crackers (2.5 syns), fibre plus bar (HEB)

Lunch - ??? perhaps some tuna pasta salad...
pasta with a sauce of onions, mush, peppers, chilli, bacon and tinned toms with a dollop of quark. An apple and a pear.

Dinner - An indian medley - Chicken, potato and spinach curry, lentil dahl and rice
Mmmm mmmm, this was so yummy - but very filling - I only dished myself a small portion of each and still couldn't eat it all. 2 syns (creamed coconut)

Later: mint poppets (8 syns)

HEA milk in tea

Daily Syns total: 12.5
Weekly syns 23.5

Curry was really simple:
2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
4 medium potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
1 onion, finely diced
bag of spinach, roughly chopped
tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp hot curry powder
(optional - I also added a sachet of creamed coconut, 5 syns)
Heat a large pan (that has a lid) and add the onion and chicken. Stir and once the chicken is sealed add the pots, spinach and curry powder. Cook for 3 - 5 mins before adding the tomatoes (and coconut if using). Fill the empty tomato can with water and add this to the pan. Stir well, bring to boil, reduce heat and add lid. Cook for 30 mins or until pots are soft, stirring regularly. Delicious!

A good day overall and I have a packet of mint poppets for a treat later (8 syns). Weather was lousy this afternoon so I spent several hours working on my SW journey book (where I put all the recipes that I try and like, any musings I may have, useful articles that I find, inspiring pictures and quotes etc etc.

Hope everyone has had a good day?

Catch up later xxx

Last edited:
A lovely lazy home based Sunday for me - a little gardening (in between the showers), asda for a quick food shop, a lovely beef lunchand a home-spa afternoon (with everything now exfoliated, de-fuzzed, washed and moisturised! Even managed a hair mask, a face mask and a pedicure - it was absolute bliss!!). I've just done an hour or so work so I can get a head start ready for a busy week next week as its almost Monday morning all over again! At least next Monday is a bank holiday - yay!!

Food today: EE

B - couple of slices of ham, apple

L - Beef, dry roast pots and parsnips, huge pile of cabbage, gravy (5 syns), yorkshire pudding (4 syns)

D - SW scotch egg (1/2 HEB for breadcrumbs) and salad - this was my first attempt at making these and I was seriously impressed! I used pork mince and mixed it with some mashed potato and seasoning, wrapped it around the hardbolied eggs, dipped in egg and covered in wm breadcrumbs. Cooked in the actifry (without the paddle!) - really tasty and filling too!

3 finn crisp (other 1/2 HEB) with quark and strawberries
2 x choc wafer rolls (6 syns)

HE A milk in tea.

Daily syns: 15
weekly syns: 38.5

With the scotch eggs and the curry last night thats 2 new SW recipes this week, both of which have been a hit with both myself and OH - result!!!

Hiya Cherry!

Well your Sunday sounded divine! I think I'll try pampering myself next weekend when its not so busy. :D

Those scotch eggs sound lovely too, shame I haven't got an actifryer! :eek:

Its nice when you try new recipes, we used to stick to the same old thing - must get Mr Boo to give those scotch eggs a try!

Take care of yourself. Boo xx

Evening, what a long busy day its been, my bum is glad to hit the chair!!

Hi Roziee, how you doing lovely?
Boo, it was a stunning Sunday! Do get him to have a go at the scotch eggs, well worth the messy hands and I'm sure they'd bake just fine in the oven!

Nothing very exciting here, just work today, and a little more this evening as I have to prepare for a presentation to the Board tomorrow (a little last minute task that was thrown at me this afternoon at about 5.00! Quite exciting in a way though as I need to get my face about and get myself networking more in the hope that someone can see a niche for my experience and skills before I'm out of a job later in the year!!!)

Food today: Red plan

B - 1/2 a scotch egg (this was a good portable breakast!) I'm going to count 2 syns for the bit of potato in it.

L - quiche made with 2 eggs, 1/3 pot of quark, milk from allowance and 2 slices of bacon. Apple, strawberries and WW yogurt.

D - jacket potato (HEB), tuna, el mayo (2 syns), 75g sweetcorn (4.5 syns - thanks for the tip off Capricorn xxx), green salad. Cornetto (7 syns)

S - 2 ryvita (HEB), quark, jam (2 syns) - almost like a cheesecake!

HEA - milk

syns: 17.5

weekly syns: 56

Last edited:
Hey hey, I'm fine thank you :)

I made sw quiche but I didn't like it and I really wanna like it lol

I made it with cottage cheese and eggs last time... Not quark.

You could try blending the lumps out of the cottage cheese or try replacing it with quark, add lots of fillings and if you have a HEA to spare chuck some grated cheddar on top - should all give it abit more taste!!! Quiche is probably not quite the right word though as it lacks that creamy moist texture, perhaps it is more of a baked omlette!!

Hi there -sounds like you are busy busy busy :eek:

I don't know if it was a typo -but sweetcorn is 1.5 syns for 28g on red days my lovely -don't wnat you to go over without knowing,,, I only know its so blinking high for such a litle amount as I LOVE it ;)

Right I will get off again..
Have a good night -and keep up the great work:p

Back