Who doesn't stay to group?

I think it's reali benificial to stay at the group!! Always get good tips for recipes & lots of inspirational advice!!

How do I get a sticker sayn slimmer of the week on my signature??:D

I stay, I like the stickers and clapping for people and the chance to win a raffle. Possible even the SOTW basket. OH THE GLORY!

I'm easily pleased.

But I really like it, I like to see other people do well, and get tips, I get some from meeting, and pass on some from on here.

Plus I paid almost a fiver, and I like to get my moneys worth.

I stay to class, I went on my own but have been made welcome by everybody. I like listening to everybody's progress and am thankful they are a positive group with loads of ideas. Having said that I have been to different slimming classes and it's been truly awful.

That's a good idea. Only trouble is, sometimes the volunteers are, well...inexperienced ;)

Since my consultant got a volunteer to start weighing several weeks ago, I've gotten two awards, but neither were acknowledged with a word or sticker :(

:cry:

Anyway :D

I'd love to stay, but I have to admit that each week I am so hungry (the class is at 6pm) that I find I want to eat immediately after weighing in, so I usually leave to feed my face :eek:
I think I'll try staying, as I do feel completely out of it, and I think I might get more out of it than just turning up to get weighed.

In saying that, I don't really follow the finer details of the plan, and I really just stick to healthy eating, cutting out the junk, so I don't know if syn discussions and the like would do it for me.
Talking about motivation would be great, though.

My class usually has tea and coffee, so I have a drink and a Fibre bar (HEB) and a bit of fruit. That tends to tide me over to get home for dinner

I'm another meeting convert, really enjoy going now (with a hifi bar in my handbag to keep me going til I get home for tea!) Don't really feel like I learn much, certainly not anything I couldn't find out on here, and still get really wound up when Image Therapy doesn't start until a good 45 minutes after WI starts, but it's really reassuring and supporting knowing that other people are taking an interest in how you're getting on.

Ive stayed each of the 4 weeks I have started back - well it'd be 5 weeks including the first week wouldn't it. Having said that, the people are very friendly but don't include me? I am a very friendly person and used to teach adult education and made sure that I mixed people up and got people paired with people whom they didn't come with - it worked really well. I don't know why the class consultant doesn't think of getting someone - or a few people to go round the new people and get them a bit more involved?

Last week was the woman of the year thingummy and a new lady just sat there, obviously wondering what the hell was going on - I went over to her and started talking and she seemed more 'involved' after that.

BUT it is working for me this time around so I shall keep on going and maybe evenutally 'they'll' start talking to me and including me a bit more. Having said that I am working next tuesday night so it'll be a weigh in and straight to work - but I will be back the week after.

hope so anyway.

I never went to class just used the SW priciples myself at home and then bought new starter pack off Ebay. My husband had been just doing it with me at home and losing very successfully. His friend ( female) wanted to lose some weight and wanted to go to club for the motivation so dragged hubby along too...... only now she's given up!!!
Hubby maybe only stays once a month after WI, says its just 1 hour of going through everyones losses or gains etc. I make him keep going..lol.. its useful to have the access to the syns online ( im sad i'll have it logged on on my mobile phone internet in tescos, checking up the syns on anything i like the look of! )
I think it depends how good your consultant is. My aunt went years ago and loved class, but has joined again recently and says its just not as good, the new C is not as good.

I do stay ,
not because Im learning anything new,
but because I feel more motivated,
more so if Im slimmer of the week.
Im quite shy so it takes me longer to "fit in",
but I go to a small group and actually feel less lonely now.

, and still get really wound up when Image Therapy doesn't start until a good 45 minutes after WI starts,.

Image Therapy doesn't start until after WI. The class is normally made up of 30-45 mins WI and then 45mins-1hr of IT (dependent on class size and if the C has another group to follow!). You don't need to be there for the start of WI although a lot of people do so they can have a bit of social time prior to IT. A lot of people also turn up 5 mins before IT so they don't have to be social!!

Our class starts at 7 p.m. and I usually arrive at about 7.20. The rush to weigh in is then over, and I have time to chat (gossip!!) before sitting down to Image Therapy which starts at about 7.35 p.m.

I like to go round and chat to the people I know and quite often sit myself down by someone who looks new.

We have such a laugh at our class - we have a couple of long-standing members who are a real double-act, and our consultant is great. There is a lot of banter. I always go home feeling the better for it.

I have heard similar comments from other consultants, Mummymoo, about the weight loss statistics - it can't be just a coincidence.

I don't know why the class consultant doesn't think of getting someone - or a few people to go round the new people and get them a bit more involved?QUOTE]

That's what I think, sit the newbies next to somebody who's friendly & been going a while. Staying to class is hard when you don't know anyone, I enjoy it much more now I've made friends.

I don't know why the class consultant doesn't think of getting someone - or a few people to go round the new people and get them a bit more involved?QUOTE]

That's what I think, sit the newbies next to somebody who's friendly & been going a while. Staying to class is hard when you don't know anyone, I enjoy it much more now I've made friends.

a good consultant should! especially as they should finish the new member talk a few minutes before I.T starts. I always try to sit my new members down but cos i do team fun tech everyone usually grabs the new member to get the points before I have a chance to

I personally see it as 'my' time without the children etc and I couldnt justify paying £4.95 to stand on the scales and go home, but thats just me.

This is how I feel! My DH works shifts and one meeting of the month, I have to take her along! She is a vivacious little thing (read: loud, boisterous & fidgety) & I feel a bit embarrassed when the C seems to struggle listening to the stories. I think I may have to find someone who can watch her as I enjoy staying for the stories, hints and feel good factor from your losses and everyone elses.

I think Image Therapy is great - its good to know how everyone else is doing :D

xxx

Hi Ellebear, what is Image Therapy please haven't come across this one yet. Is this the time where the C tells everybody what has been lost individually? Thanks xx :eek:

I try to stay, but when its a big meeting it goes on for too long and and dont end up getting home till pass 9. Its not good when you havent had your tea.

I dont have my tea before i go just in case.

Back