Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Who goes to the gym?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Lana, 28 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Lana

Lana Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.09%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Total
    Do you find you loose weight quicker?

I used to try and go to the gym when I could force myself but since having a car accident 4 weeks ago, I haven't been able to go at all. I'd love to speed up my weight loss if I could.

Think it would help? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

HI Lana,

I go to the gym but only do classes (pilates, body balance and yoga). dont really do the machines - my LLC did not recommend it due to low calorie intake). Re. weight loss didn't see THAT much of a difference, but i do see a difference regarding muscle toning especially my arms...the flab is now turning solid! hope that helped.

4. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    W8
    I too would like to start to go back to the gym (I say back have not been for over a year) but some people on my group who go do not seem to lose as much weight as they did if they hadn't.

Unsure what to do, I would like to start getting fitter & tone as I am losing the weight but not if it slows it down.

x

5. SuzyA

SuzyA Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I think some cardio work must make a difference but not for too long. I have started a running programme (I say running but mostly jog, walk etc!!) rather than going back to the gym since I am one of those who ends up signed up for a year and only goes half a dozen times!

I went running 3 times last week and it made a big difference. I have been suffering with a cold this week and looking at my scales at home I think I'll be lucky to get any loss this week.

6. chrismars

chrismars Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Gym? Who's he??

7. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    I do, but i used to before i started this programme, and despite people saying, ooh, don;'t exercise, i really can't see how it would be beneficial to do less than I did before. the first 2 weeks i didn't go, just because I was exhausted from the diet, but now I'm seriously back in the swing of things. I go to Curves gym (women only, 1/2 hour resistance/cardio work out that is equivalent of 1.5 hours in a 'normal' gym) then I do an aerobic class, although today it was step, killer! And depending on my time I'll do a Pilates class, a half hour abs class or a 1/2 hour fitball class after the hour class. I feel fab! If I'm wanting a different workout I might substitute the aerobics for a good 3 mile brisk walk uphill on a treadmill.
    Not sure that it's quickened up my weight loss (2stone 2 lbs in 7 weeks) but I KNOW I wouldn't be happy to not go.
    hth
    kate

8. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

good for you, lily....it does feel good after a workout.

j

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.