Who goes to the gym?

Lana

Do you find you loose weight quicker?

I used to try and go to the gym when I could force myself but since having a car accident 4 weeks ago, I haven't been able to go at all. I'd love to speed up my weight loss if I could.

Think it would help? :)

HI Lana,

I go to the gym but only do classes (pilates, body balance and yoga). dont really do the machines - my LLC did not recommend it due to low calorie intake). Re. weight loss didn't see THAT much of a difference, but i do see a difference regarding muscle toning especially my arms...the flab is now turning solid! hope that helped.

I too would like to start to go back to the gym (I say back have not been for over a year) but some people on my group who go do not seem to lose as much weight as they did if they hadn't.

Unsure what to do, I would like to start getting fitter & tone as I am losing the weight but not if it slows it down.

x

I think some cardio work must make a difference but not for too long. I have started a running programme (I say running but mostly jog, walk etc!!) rather than going back to the gym since I am one of those who ends up signed up for a year and only goes half a dozen times!

I went running 3 times last week and it made a big difference. I have been suffering with a cold this week and looking at my scales at home I think I'll be lucky to get any loss this week.

I do, but i used to before i started this programme, and despite people saying, ooh, don;'t exercise, i really can't see how it would be beneficial to do less than I did before. the first 2 weeks i didn't go, just because I was exhausted from the diet, but now I'm seriously back in the swing of things. I go to Curves gym (women only, 1/2 hour resistance/cardio work out that is equivalent of 1.5 hours in a 'normal' gym) then I do an aerobic class, although today it was step, killer! And depending on my time I'll do a Pilates class, a half hour abs class or a 1/2 hour fitball class after the hour class. I feel fab! If I'm wanting a different workout I might substitute the aerobics for a good 3 mile brisk walk uphill on a treadmill.
Not sure that it's quickened up my weight loss (2stone 2 lbs in 7 weeks) but I KNOW I wouldn't be happy to not go.
hth
kate

good for you, lily....it does feel good after a workout.

j

Back