Who has a "christmas cupboard"

no cupboard full of stuff sadly to my hubs dismay how he lived out the x-mas snack cupboard all year long ..

just all the other cupboards, behind kids beds and well everywhere is crammed with gifts for the kids mostly bought from ebay this year certainly made the toy budget go way further!

ive bought the kids sweet treats as part of thier x-mas junk this year and they are gifting a tin of heros to each other, hopefully this year they will get to eat them, hopefully not in one go!
.. all the other years they have only seen empty wrappers and the ones unliked by me in a tin!

have to agrea on the price of well everything in the supermarkets now, fat free nat yog is now a pound odd in asda for cheapo smart price stuff where as in aldi its 50p odd :eek:..

I never really understood the Christmas cupboard thing, despite my mum doing it every year! She would buy tins of chocolate, the mixed nut/raisins/choc pots, peanuts, everything. But half of it would still be there months afterwards!
It is nice having Christmas munchies but I think I'd rather bake something nice on Christmas eve rather than buy stuff. But then again I've never had to cook the Christmas meal yet so perhaps that will change in years to come!

I braved Morrisons yesterday and am shining my SW halo, I've armed myself with the below in hope of having a very low syn Xmas .

2x morrisons eat smart Melba toast 1/2 syn each toast ( instead of crackers for cheese)
3 xYe Olde tinned gammon ( easy stand by meal,or to cut up on cocktail sticks with pineapple ) free food
3 tubes Primula light cheese ( use to stick ham/ fish to cucumbers etc for party food, this is HEXA
Multi pack twiglets 4 syns
French fries 4 syns
Jelly pots 1/2 syn
Foxes glacier mints and fruits for the lounge sweet plate instead of chocolates 1 syn each.
10 tins of whole carrots, no excuse to have no third free superfood, and easy, I have no intention of my usually stuck in kitchen cooking.
Lots of tins of beans and pulses,for easy curries etc.
My only naughty thing is a small Xmas fruit cake with nuts on.
The men folk have some chocs for Xmas, Pringles,small bag of nuts.
I too usually throw stuff out not used.
The only alcohol I bought was two packs snowballs,because it's not Xmas eve without x
I don't have a Xmas cupboard,as I've no room, they are sat in the boot of my car, bar the cheese,that's in the fridge.

I have a "naughty drawer" - in there are my Famous Name liqueuers (a Christmas must), small box Maltesers, Famous Names Vodka selection (and why not?) box of Milk Tray (part of the 3-for-£10 offer)

Crackers for cheese, and various other chocolates, mint thins, matchmakers (mint) etc.

Until SW I hadn't much of a sweet tooth at all! Now I seemed to replace fat/oil with sugar lol.

Don't get me wrong, I won't have most of that stuff, but at least it's there.

The box of maltesers has been removed from the equation:eek::eek:

In all seriousness though, I wont be buying much in this year, as we are out Christmas Day and Boxing Day for meals, and also one day during the week after. If I have enough cash left on Friday the 23rd, I shall be investing in a tin of Quality Street and something a bit nice for breakfast (I have my mind set on one of those Aldi Chocolate Chip Brioche Loaves, with a hot chocolate, for Breakfast). And a packet of marshmallows because I have promised the kids that Christmas Eve will be movies and Hot Chocolates with Marshmallows. Neither of the girls like Hot Chocolate, but they DEFINITELY want the marshmallows :D

The Choc Chip Brioche sounds very tempting:rolleyes:
Oooh, I haven't got mince pies yet. My daughter is too old for Santa but I reckon I'll still leave one out for him ;-)

Posh Xmas Day brekky is a must. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg for us! Love the sound of the brioche loaf :)

Erm, if you don't believe he won't come:eek: we all believe in our house, DD (aged 19) even got a letter of Santa this year & in the letter he mentioned Tom (her boyfriend) & said I hope you are both tucked up in bed when he comes:eek: not together I hope:D

I never really understood the Christmas cupboard thing, despite my mum doing it every year! She would buy tins of chocolate, the mixed nut/raisins/choc pots, peanuts, everything. But half of it would still be there months afterwards!
It is nice having Christmas munchies but I think I'd rather bake something nice on Christmas eve rather than buy stuff. But then again I've never had to cook the Christmas meal yet so perhaps that will change in years to come!

I too have a Christmas shelve, I buy bits of things each time I go shopping as it doesn't seem like I've too much to pay for the week before Christmas. I also buy Christmas crackers in the January sales.

My shelve has:-
nuts
pringles x 3
christmas puds x 3
mince pies
marshmallows
lebkuchen
spanish drinking choc (a real treat)
liqeur cake
cheese biscuits

DS & DD like cherry juice & I think it's too expensive to buy every week so I've been known to buy that for Christmas as a treat.:D:D

Oooh, I haven't got mince pies yet. My daughter is too old for Santa but I reckon I'll still leave one out for him ;-)

Posh Xmas Day brekky is a must. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg for us! Love the sound of the brioche loaf :)

I'm having smoked salmon, hmm might have scrambled eggs too.

No, I can honestly say I haven't ;) In previous years we haven't had a Christmas cupboard - we've had a Christmas ROOM! :eek: We have a sort of utility room/outhouse on the back of our bungalow which is so cold it is like having a walk in cold store, so for previous Christmases we have used it for all the Christmas goodies, chocs, crisps, drinks, joints of meat and so on, that we couldn't fit in the fridge or freezer!

This year I have just completed my Tesco online order, because I find it less tempting than actually going round the shops, and I'm pleased to say that it should all fit in the fridge/freezer/pantry! :D

(I have my mind set on one of those Aldi Chocolate Chip Brioche Loaves, with a hot chocolate, for Breakfast).

One of our 'traditions' is Pain au Chocolat for Christmas breakfast with a fizz cocktail (don't like champagne - so I'm a cava girl - a nice cheap date!) This year I'm going to do a French Toast Nutella and Banana sandwich instead!

My Christmas cupboard is my parents house!! I'm heading up there Friday night for the whole of Xmas and New Year and it's going to be hell as they go completely overboard with everything food related!

Most people I know get one tin of choccies... not my folks, they have to get one of each, and then end up eating them for the next heck knows how many months!

And cheese... there will be a huge cheeseboard, which I know won't be able to resist!

It's going to be hell!

we have a christmas cupboard!
we were spared with having to buy the 'main' meal stuff as we'll be eating at my parents on xmas and boxing day so with the help of an asda gift card and the wonderful cheapsome but fab aldi we have pringles,chocs,biscuits,cheese biscuits and cheese,cold meats,mince pies,iced top mince pies for me as i dont 'do' normal ones and various other goodies such as pain au choc for breakfast on the day itself.
we do and will also have lots of fruits,veggies etc in.

im at target,i worked hard to get there and i am going to enjoy a good few days of whatever i want before hopping back on and getting the excess back off because i know i can with sw and its easy!! to be honest after a few days off i'll be gagging to get back on plan!

Yes. Our fridge. Non-fridge items were some nice mustard, dates and a packet of crackers). Most of it is cold meats, salads, cheese (naughty, but I don't care on the day), smoked salmon and prawns (had to get frozen as none in store with long enough date on). I'm not doing xmas lunch. Might make myself a salmon stir fry instead. OH will be happy with meat sandwiches.

Back