I rejoined slimming world February this year and have plateaued since September maintaining my 17stone 4 lbs on and off a couple of pounds here and there. I started my blog for recipes called the chef who slims after everyone in my group kept asking for my recipes and well, that is how i started my blogging and website and am currently working on my own couple of books. All because i got fed up with keep writing out the same recipes for people haha.
I am really struggling over this current Christmas period with the boxes of open sweets, chocolates, crisps, breads, crackers, butter, cheese... you get the idea!

So here I am starting my food diary to not only help me but hopefully, help you guys and hopefully pick up on some things that i may not be doing right or maybe even give you guys some ideas!

Food diary # 1 - 19th December 2016 Breakfast/Brunch: 3x heck chipolatas, 2 x bacon medallions, chestnut mushrooms, baked beans, egg, butter (1 tsp) - syns = 5.5 syns and 2xslices wholemeal toast from 400g loaf.
snacks - apple, pear and a muller light raspberry cranberry yogurt
planned and prepped dinner - shepherds pie made with leftover lamb and gravy (1/2 syn per person for the gravy) with spring greens/brusseltops, carrots and peas.

Thank you @CatClaire hopefully this may keep me more on track sharing on here! busy day tomorrow as granddad is ill so i will be eating lots of fruit, yogurt and carrot sticks i think! On the go food!

Granddad is a lot worse than expected, not responding to antibiotics and his heart is beating at 200BPM !! Not sure how much longer he is with us but hey ho so far today i have had all my syns in one go with a baguette with cheese egg and sausage then been too busy to eat then dinner i made SW carbonara, so good, had that with broccoli, mushrooms and peas with crispy pieces of smoked bacon medallion through the sauce made with egg, parmesan, milk, cornflour, salt and pepper which only came to negligible syns between the 8 of us at 1 syn for the whole dish!

Sorry to hear about your grandad, hope things improve and they can get him to respond to antibiotics!
Dinner sounds yummy, how'd you make it only 1 syn for the whole thing? Impressive!

i used the milk and cheese for my HEA between 8 of us there was only 100g parmesan, 200ml skimmed milk then 2 eggs, 100ml water, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp cornflour (which makes it extra creamy) basically blend all together, cook your bacon or mushrooms if you are a veggie, add in your cooked pasta to coat in the bacon/mushroom juices then add in the sauce and stir constantly over a low heat until the sauce coats the pasta and looks smooth and silky (takes about 5 minutes)(this was for a lot of pasta though i think i used about 600-700 g!!)

So.. what is the damage after Christmas? I am rejoining group tomorrow as I finally have a little bit of money, Granddad is finally out of hospital but still not all that great! We have all been ill with a flu/cold kind of thing over Christmas and new year so I cannot tell you how happy I am to be getting back on track starting with tonight's dinner of Chinese sticky pork with garlic greens and rice. The recipes are all over on my blog which you can find in my description :)

first weeks weigh in and managed to maintain since i last went to slimming world which i am incredibly proud of! can't wait for this weeks weigh in as already feeling slimmer! so ready!

Back