who has done SS+

Moleymole

Nicki xxx
So I've done SS for 4 weeks now and to be honest its only week 1 that I havn't had little bits of food ie chicken or veg so in theory I guess I've been SS+ing. I have lost 16lb in 3 weeks, next weigh in Monday and feel like lost quite a bit again this week. So I am thinking of "officially" doing SS+ and then I can plan myself an evening meal to eat with the kids and feel a bit more human as far as food is concerned. How have others got on doing ss+

Nicki xx:confused:

Hey I have done SS+ and to be honest it wasnt for me , it was great to start with but I found that it made me more hungry and i started having more of the foods than I was allowed , I just find SS easier for me . but I know a lot of people who do really well on SS+ , the losses are the same and its a great plan , worth a try :)

that is what worries me about wanting more - I think I might just do every other day or something and see how I get on - i've had a bit of chicken today and feel so full from it, only had it cos I'd been to my parents and they were eating cooked breakfasts and felt so sorry for myself that I couldn't have any so had a bit of chicken to compensate when got home!

My CDC doesn't really want me to do it but said if I feel I have to just have a meal every other day sticking to the rules x

Hi there, This is my third time on Cambridge and I ususally begin with a week of SS and then go onto Mon-Fri SS and weekends SS+. I find it helps to have something to look forward to at the end of a long hard week!!! It doesn't seem to affect the losses. Just be really carefully that you measure and only have 200cal , low carb meal. Good luck

that sounds like a good idea - what kind of meals do you have ?

- i've had a bit of chicken today and feel so full from it, only had it cos I'd been to my parents and they were eating cooked breakfasts and felt so sorry for myself that I couldn't have any so had a bit of chicken to compensate when got home!

My CDC doesn't really want me to do it but said if I feel I have to just have a meal every other day sticking to the rules x

HI

Is that why your CDC doesn't want you to do it? Because you are using the food to console/comfort yourself rather than an actual conscious choice/plan?

Just be careful and honest about your reasons for wanting to eat or it could backfire on you.

Gg x

I SS+ for the first 4 weeks of cambridge and now are strictly SS, I feel ready to do so now. I lost 13.5lbs for the first 4 weeks, altho when i weighed in on Thursday I started my period a couple of hours after, so i think thats why I only lost a lb last week, I think that if I was being honest, if i am having a bad day I would allow myself to have a small chicken dinner with a small amount of veg and it helps to know I can have that if I really want it, its all about knowing that you can allow yourself to have something if it's totally necessary, after all I'm doing this diet for me, it doesn't matter how long it takes but that I get there, and I know that if I SS I will get there sooner, I am learning to control my urges where food is concerned, and I think i will always be having some sort of cambridge product and keeping in touch with my CDC in the future when i have gotten to goal and in maintenance, its the long term and not the short term :)

HI

Is that why your CDC doesn't want you to do it? Because you are using the food to console/comfort yourself rather than an actual conscious choice/plan?

Just be careful and honest about your reasons for wanting to eat or it could backfire on you.

Gg x

No that probably sounded wrong - I don't comfort eat to be honest the opposite if I'm upset or something I tend not to eat - I usually want to eat when I'm happy strange I know ! But you do have a point because I'm not hungry ! its more resisting the temptation I guess. My mum said to me earlier you may be looking slim but your miserable as hell !! and made me think !!

I don't want this diet to run my life and I don't want to become obsessed with "not" eating if that makes sense - and feel if I give myself the choice of eating then I probably won't bother

also the reason I'm wanting to lose my weight quickly is because myself and my hubs are going to be trying for a baby in December so want to lose as much weight as poss by then. But I possibly won't be able to work up the steps properly so thinking if I do have a little bit of food then it won't be such a shock to my system. I will carry on seeing my CDC when pregnant and maintain through the pregnancy so I don't pile the weight on.

It's really in your best interests to try and work up all the steps to learn new food behaviours otherwise the risk of regaining all the weight (and more) is quite high. Could you maybe put back your December deadline by a couple of months so that you can complete properly? A happy, healthy and content mum will be a bonus to any future children.

Have you read thedietguy.co.uk at all yet? He really helps you dig deep to address any food behaviour issues/beliefs that may be subconsciously influencing you.... sounds like it may help because you mention a lot of feelings in your post.

Take care of yourself

no we cant postpone it my hubby is in the Navy so we only have 2 months to try while he is on leave if we don't then we have to wait another 6 months. My CDC is aware of it and is fine about it and we are planning around it. I don't have issues with food hun I was slim before pregnancy but put 4 stone on while pregnant and just havn't worked to get it off - my son is now 2 and so it needs to come off. I eat out of pure greedyness not because of how it makes me feel or anything. I don't want to become obsessed with losing weight its not the be all and end all but I want to be healthy to get pregnant again, I know I couldn't get pregnant on top of the weight I was 4 weeks ago. I don't want to be a size 10 and I don't want to be what they say my weight should be because I would look ridiculously thin! I have a lot of determination and willpower when I want to, havn't had any major cheats (had one planned one for a wedding but only ate proteins) in the 4 weeks i've been doing so I know that I wouldn't be tempted by other stuff if I ate a bit of protein. xx

Hi Moley, I'm on SS+ and I can honestly say that I would not be able to survive just on SS. I work shifts so find that SS+ suits me better. I don't eat food every day, but if I am really hungry or when I'm on rest days I will have an omelette or a piece of chicken. Whilst I'm at work I have 4 packs and that way I'm not tempted by food either.
Good luck on your journey, and also for getting as close as poss to your goal before December. :)

Hi Moley, I'm on SS+ and I can honestly say that I would not be able to survive just on SS. I work shifts so find that SS+ suits me better. I don't eat food every day, but if I am really hungry or when I'm on rest days I will have an omelette or a piece of chicken. Whilst I'm at work I have 4 packs and that way I'm not tempted by food either.
Good luck on your journey, and also for getting as close as poss to your goal before December. :)

thx hun :) can you eat eggs then ? xx

yep eggs are now one of the protein choices on SS+ :) Just remeber that although the diet does need to be followed it is flexible in that you could do SS one day and SS+ the next depending on how you are feeling :) You do not have to make a decision and stick to it , it is your diet so you decided what is best for you :) Its so exciting that you are doing it in preparation for another baby :) such an amazing thing to look forward to :)

I did SS+ for 2 weeks but went back to SS because I found that the small meal really wasn't filling enough for me, and therefore not worth having.

yep eggs are now one of the protein choices on SS+ :) Just remeber that although the diet does need to be followed it is flexible in that you could do SS one day and SS+ the next depending on how you are feeling :) You do not have to make a decision and stick to it , it is your diet so you decided what is best for you :) Its so exciting that you are doing it in preparation for another baby :) such an amazing thing to look forward to :)
oh fab thats good to know :) it is really exciting yeah - my little boy is 2 now and I am so broody, can't wait for another :) but I knew I needed to shift the wait we already put it off four months becuase of this. My hubby is away in the gulf at the moment been gone since August so as soon as he's back in December - baby making will be happening LOL poor bloke !!

lol .. does he know or are you just going to jump on him as soon as he gets back ?? lol
My youngest is 15 months , I would love another but hubby is adamant that he doesnt want anymore , and I guess 2 is a lovely number .. I just find it sad that I wont be pregnant again , or have a little newborn again , but I love my 2 girls and they are amazing , we are very lucky :)
katie

hee hee yeah he knows - he is wanting one as much as me - that will be it then though - I have a 13 year old aswell so definitely enough for me then !

You never know your hubby may change his mind xxxx

Back