Who has the bars?

sweet_girl123

Silver Member
I just wanted to ask who on here has the bars..?? And if they do have the bars then do they feel as though it affects thier weight losss in a negative way even if they just having it one per day..?? Because i know some people who used to be on cd diet facing losses if they had the bars so i was just wondering....as they are quite tempting and filling even though i do love the soups and that....soo any info on it would be great....though i do know they are still low in cals and stuff just was something that was on my mind and also because i am comtemplating as to whether i should have a bar or a soup nnow lool..
mwah

I have the bars daily. I want to give my system something solid to work on so it does not forget how to digest food. It can be bad at the best of times lol....I am pretty happy with my loss so will stick to them :)

hmm oright....cause i was thinking only to have the bars when i have to when i can't make the shakes for e.g at work or if i am running late to go out then have a bar or something other then that would just stick to shakes and would probably limit it to one bar per week or something like that...aww its good that it isn't effecting you negatively hun keep at it..
mwah

I use them & I think Maggie does too. I haven't noticed any slowing in weightloss compared to when I had a stint on just shakes for a while. Mostly, if you are STS or not losing as much weight while eating the bars, it's probably just due to them sitting in your tummy putting weight on the scales. Also they are good if you feel like you need to eat something & generally stop me from caving in to food & breaking the diet. The inches will still fly off regardless if you eat them or not, I'm sure. Don't rely on the scales too much! :)

hmm oright....cause i was thinking only to have the bars when i have to when i can't make the shakes for e.g at work or if i am running late to go out then have a bar or something other then that would just stick to shakes and would probably limit it to one bar per week or something like that...aww its good that it isn't effecting you negatively hun keep at it..
mwah

Make sure you only ever have one bar a day, as the carbs are a little higher than the shakes and the soups.

You have to do what helps you get through the diet. So if only having bars when you can't make a shake for lunch helps you, then do it. As long as you stick to one bar at most, you will be fine :)

Yes I have had the bars all the way through
I haven't noticed any slow down because of them
Disclaimer:- I was a bit over the top on an extra add a meal last week. I seem to have developed a love of frozensummer fruits in
alpro soya yoghurt and that's why I didn't lose last week :D

Well if you are going to do it...the add a meal week is the once to choose!lol

Hello Sweet_Girl 123,

What you have to remember is that this is Exante not CD. I have no idea what the carbs, fat and fibre content is in the CD bars so cannot comment. The calorie content on the Exante bars is at most 15 calories more than a soup or shake. The carb content of the bars is slightly higher than the shakes or soups (about 5g) as is the fibre. There is a slim possibility (forgive the pun) that someone on Total Solution may have a threshold of 55g for total carbs in a day before they are knocked out of ketosis and having a bar instead of a soup or shake can take them over the edge.

Personally it has made no difference to me. I did have a time when I did not have a stock of bars and after a week, I had to re-order as I missed having a 'chew.'

Hope this helps you,
Love Myr xxx

i have my bar for breakfast everyday , as breakfast is most important i think its good to give your body something to work on during the day:)

Well as yesterday was my first day, I did what I used to do on LL and CD and had my bar in the evening as that is my difficult time. They are certainly different from my favourite on LL which was the toffee bar, and it took me a good 10 minutes to down the whole bar.

I agree though that the carbs are quite high on them, but realistically the total calorific intake with 2 sachets and a bar is just over 600 kc so if I don't lose weight, I'll be really peeved.

Thanx for the info girls :d...

size10dreamer i am sure you will lose weight hun..:)...truee evenings used to be hard for me too but these days my apetite has decreased quite a bit so don't find the evenings that hard anymore, my difficult time is easily when i am out and about lol as that is when i sometimes feel tempted to eat a bit...lol...think bars would go in the morning for me or lunch as that would give me nuf time for the bar to digest into my system and sit there to be seen on the scales hopefully lol....
mwah
mwah

the bars bag me up a bit and i get a sore bloated tum after eatin them. not everyone is affectd like this but its like my body is struggling to digest them. i remember feeling the same in week 3 of cambridge diet when i was allwed the bars....so theyre just not for me. xx

yeah babystar they make me feel really full as well and they take ages to eat as they are quite big....but don't know they still quite tasty lol hmm will think about it..might give the bars a miss this week and see what my loss is saying on friday and then i might have a bar once a week or something...just want to get a decent head start on my loss first lol..i am hoping this week will be good as i have been 100 percent since last friday..:d
mwah

If the bar bloats you out why not consider cutting it up and eating small pieces of it throughout the day? The bloating could be due to to higher fibre content and the benefit of that will be useful anyhow. ;)

The other benefit of a bar is that it is portable and easy to take with you if you are going to be out and about for a large part of the day, certainly less awkward than taking a bottle of water and mug/glass trying to mix a shake in the car or in the high street.:D

Love Myr xxx

Back