Who have you told?

I only tell those I need too - not because I think i will fail, but because I think its private, also I want people to notice a change with their eye's, not just their mind. If they think I am changing to a healthier lifestyle, they are more likely to say "oooh, you've lost weight" because in their head they have too. I cant wait to visit family i rarely see and have them notice anturally :) that said, my OH, mother, brother and 1 sister know. :)

RawrGirl doesn't tell anyone. She feels that if she tells people they will then look her over for fat and flaws and she would be mortified if they were like, "Yea, you do need to diet." One time she didn't want a piece of cake at work and someone smiled and said, "Oh, are you on a diet?" And RawrGirl felt like that meant she was obviously fat and needed to diet.

Of course Prince Charming knows, as weighing and measuring everything makes it pretty obvious, but as someone else here pointed out, RawrGirl doesn't feel like being the chubby girl who is always on a diet (which has basically been the truth, as she's tried to lose the same blasted 20-30 pounds for the last 14 years).

Amazingly, RawrGirl is finally near (or at) her lowest weight in 14 years, and is looking forward to seeing her family for the first time in several months come Christmas. So then it will be obvious that she had been dieting. Plus, RawrGirl will be bringing some of her own food so that she doesn't binge on all the high fat stuff because she doesn't want to reach goal just to gain it all back again.

I tell anyone who comments on my being thinner, more energetic, or having brighter eyes.

Everyone that knows me, knows I'm on the raw food diet. But not because I wanted to lose weight, but because I had chronic fatigue. They all know that things like pizza, and cheesecake make me feel sick (constipated, tired, rosacea ect.) so they often support me. They don't want me to be sick. And even now, I am 110% recovered from CF, junk still makes me sick.

I find when you tell people you are 'dieting' to lose weight they suddenly take an interest in your eating habits...its like when I went vegan, all of a sudden people were interested in my calcium and protein intake, even though I eat much better than the average meat eater. Society appears to tell people to ask certain people questions when they are eating particular things; I always worry about fibre intake in people on Atkins!

RawrGirl doesn't tell anyone. She feels that if she tells people they will then look her over for fat and flaws and she would be mortified if they were like, "Yea, you do need to diet." One time she didn't want a piece of cake at work and someone smiled and said, "Oh, are you on a diet?" And RawrGirl felt like that meant she was obviously fat and needed to diet.

Of course Prince Charming knows, as weighing and measuring everything makes it pretty obvious, but as someone else here pointed out, RawrGirl doesn't feel like being the chubby girl who is always on a diet (which has basically been the truth, as she's tried to lose the same blasted 20-30 pounds for the last 14 years).

Amazingly, RawrGirl is finally near (or at) her lowest weight in 14 years, and is looking forward to seeing her family for the first time in several months come Christmas. So then it will be obvious that she had been dieting. Plus, RawrGirl will be bringing some of her own food so that she doesn't binge on all the high fat stuff because she doesn't want to reach goal just to gain it all back again.

This is exactly how I feel! In the past people have said "oh but you don't need to lose weight" and I'm never sure if they're lying or not. I don't want to bring attention to my weight so the first time I did WW I didn't tell my OH (we'd only just got together) but now we live together I have to, if only so he doesn't think he's being nice when he brings chocolate home! I mentioned it to my best friend but we live in different countries at the moment so it doesn't really come up in conversation and she doesn't see me losing weight/falling off the diet.

Im very open about it to everyone if they choose to slate me for it then that's there problems. It actually spurs me on to achieve my goals when I come up against these sort of people. I also keep telling myself lets see them laugh this time next year when im fit and healthy and there a slob :)

So far, my OH. Bit hard not to when I do most the cooking, i'd hope he'd notice his plate is piled high while mine is a more moderate portion!

I haven't told anyone except a facebook friend. My parents would go mad if they found out I was doing Dukan (despite the fact that I am in my twenties!) and I tried not to tell my flatmates because last time one of them just kept commenting on what I ate it was so frustrating. All it was was comments whenever I ate anything 'do you eat anything other than tuna?' 'do you ever eat anything that's not out of a tin?' 'oh my god that looks disgusting!' 'oh don't eat bread now it'll make you fat' - it actually drove me mad but despite my efforts he has noticed again and just keeps making negative comments CONSTANTLY about my food. I went and bought oatbran for my diet and after he made a comment about it looking disgusting and like rabbit food I explained that you can actually do nice things with it like make muffins. Bad move. He then went and told my other flatmake (who constantly bakes) that I can eat oatbran muffins and so he went and used half of my bag of oatbran to make muffins full of butter and sugar that I cant even eat. So yeah, little bit PO'd. But nevermind rant over i'm just gona suck it up xD

I've told every person possible, including twitter and facebook in the hope humiliation will deter me from not succeeding. :D

I've told everyone that I'm really close to. I feel that it helps me commit to the diet. My boyfriend is under strict instructions to nag me every day about certain challenges I've set myself and my mum is doing her own diet at the same time. Other people aren't so understanding, but they're just going to have to listen to me go on about it anyway :D

I have only told my husband and my daughter I am on a diet as I have been on so many. My friends would just think here we go again! Mere x

Back