who is following Atkins properly and getting good losses???

cambridge*diet*08

Silver Member
can you please inspire me?
who is getting good losses on atkins?
i am currently struggling with cambridge diet and baby weight and need to do something NOW!!!! :sigh:
thankyou xxx

Well, we started on the same date and I've lost about the same as you, doing Atkins, and that's with a couple of weeks off due to illness. However, people switching from a vlcd tend to gain a little at first, and you won't get the big initial loss from ditching your glycogen stores. It's important to be aware that you will lose slower on Atkins than you would on Cambridge ss, almost certainly. But you can eat, and if you stick to it you will lose.

This is good for me ............ xx

Hi Hun

I've lost 11bs in 4 weeks,
week 1 - 8lbs
week 2 - 2lbs
week 3 - sts
week 4 - 1lb

Its been a struggle on the scales for the last 2 weeks but I have to say I feel so much better!
I'm never hungry and Im not bloated.

Try it for a few weeks and see how you feel hun

Jools xx

I did Atkins induction for 6 months and then followed OWL etc and am now in maint, it worked for me

i've lost 22 lb in 7 months.

you might think that is slow progress.
but i think its fantastic!
i can't believe its 7 months, doesn't particularly feel like a 'diet' and i find it difficult to lose on a proper food diet, it's great that this time i've not had to resort to food substitutes.
and, if it keeps steadily going, will be around 3 stone in a year, now that sounds better, huh? :)

I'm half way to goal after 3 months - main upsides are that I never feel hungry and can drink wine :D

I think, as with most diets, some people lose quickly and others lose slowly as we all have different metabolisms etc. I am a slow loser I think but I am losing and I'm not hungry and I don't have to live on shakes and bars so it suits me fine.

Back