Who is joining a group?

Sam

Banned
I was wondering who is really joining a group every week. I have been doing weight watchers by myself for some time. I think this is okay as long as you have enough self-decipline. Or what do you think about it? Would you say that joining the group is much better although it costs quite much money?

Hi Sam,

I am going to do WW and will be joining a group for the social side of things and for the discipline.

Was meant to join last night but not up to dieting just now as I am getting over the flu:sick:

I hope to start next Monday night:)

Love Mini xxx

I'm doing it at home as it's hard for me to get to meetings. Even if I could go to one, I'm not sure I'd enjoy the experience of being publicly weighed. Especially because I like to strip off when I get on the scales :)

Yeah I think this would be strange for me as well. I don't want everybody to know my weight. And actually this group is something like a group-although we don't really know each other something connects us: the aim to lose weight!
Marie_D you said that you are trying to do it alone this time. So how is it? Do you still have the same self-descipline which you had the last time while joining the group?

I'm going it alone (with you guys!!) because I am a shift worker, and therefore cannot make the group every week, and don't wanna miss weeks etc cos thats when I start to think I can cheat....also, the only person losing out is me if i cheat....I need to lose the weight for ME, and going to the group in my opinion has just made me feel like I have to go and its a drag in the past..and I have even talked myself out of carrying on with a diet in the past just so I wouldnt have to miss eastenders!! and at the end of the day, that isnt the point!! the point was what was going into my cakehole!! so I am going to stick it out alone for a while, but if i struggle at any time and nothing else works, I might go to one!!

That was one of my reasons for going it alone LIzzy, they dont accomodate shift workers at all.

I dont go to meetings for that reason AND I dont want to spend £22 a month to have someone weigh me lol I think tho a lot of people need the discipline of classes, at the moment I dont but if that changes Id go to one

Back