Who is joining me on the Nightshift ??

I have a newborn so I do long nights too, lol! xx

I'm still up too ! Been working for comic relief ! Taking the donation calls :)
So chuffed with myself ! There was chocolate galore , every bar imaginable , loads of crisps, loads of pizzas and garlic bread , chips and I had ,.,,,,,,my fruit Salad, an apple and a can of sugar free redbull ( to keep me awake lol )
Had one square of galaxy caramel all night :)

Yeo, still awake with Max, oh the joys, lol!

Well done Donna! xx

I'm still up too ! Been working for comic relief ! Taking the donation calls :)
So chuffed with myself ! There was chocolate galore , every bar imaginable , loads of crisps, loads of pizzas and garlic bread , chips and I had ,.,,,,,,my fruit Salad, an apple and a can of sugar free redbull ( to keep me awake lol )
Had one square of galaxy caramel all night :)

Ooooo well done you on resisting all that!!!! That is determination huni :D

Yes unusually late one for me not tired yet, thinking of going to bed soon tho, I stripped the bed today and I just love fresh bedding :)

I love fresh bedding, i always do my bed sheets every wednesday morning. I have Zumba on a wed night and there is nothing better than a hot relaxing radox bath and then jumping into a fresh bed. It is the best sleep I have all week!! x

Fresh bedding is just the biz! When I win the lottery I'll change the bed every day :)

Hello,

I feel kind of guilty replying to this but i am on nightshift just now, we do a mix of shifts and as a result only do 2 nightshifts in a row at a time. I would prefer a run of them rather than shifts jumping all over the place. Sleep is all over the place and my diet suffers a lot from it too! My guilt comes from the fact staff are allowed to have a wee sleep (usually around 4 hours) if the unit is quiet: i though can never sleep, feel too guilty! Large part of me says its work so i shouldn't be sleeping! My colleagues don't suffer this though :)

Do you not find it hard not to snack or pick at food when on nightshift?!

Hello,

I feel kind of guilty replying to this but i am on nightshift just now, we do a mix of shifts and as a result only do 2 nightshifts in a row at a time. I would prefer a run of them rather than shifts jumping all over the place. Sleep is all over the place and my diet suffers a lot from it too! My guilt comes from the fact staff are allowed to have a wee sleep (usually around 4 hours) if the unit is quiet: i though can never sleep, feel too guilty! Large part of me says its work so i shouldn't be sleeping! My colleagues don't suffer this though :)

Do you not find it hard not to snack or pick at food when on nightshift?!

Good Morning Huni :p
Dont you feel guilty replying to this, this is what the thread is for !! I dont mind a run of shifts but we are changing on Monday 28th March to 12hr shifts so I will be all over the place. It is going to be a nightmare but just hope that my diet does not suffer from this :(
What do you do? I work for a hospital switchboard and it is pretty quiet at the mo, just the way i like it :p
I feel weird eating when on night shift etc, i always feel that my body isnt ready to eat but I do get quite pekish! I bring in fruit etc to have and mug shots for through the night. I keep my food diary updated after everything that I am going to eat, quite handy. How you been finding Slimming World? xxx

Hi,

I work in a children's home so at this moment it's all quiet and i could actually be in bed but im wide awake and no matter how tired i am, this is still my workplace!! I'll probably crash at 4 for a couple of hours. Our night shifts are 12 hours and waking night shifts will be introduced soon which i think will be worse. The thought of having to speak to a colleague for 12 hours is awful! (I'm not the most sociable!!)

I like SW. Currently finding it a little struggle to keep motivated but was shopping today and saw all these clothes that i would love to buy but would currently look awful on me so its given me the motivation i need!! xx

I am the same, work is for when awake. I couldnt sleep at mine. I know that a few of the girls can dose off and when the phone rings it wakes them up but not me!!! When I am sleeping, thats me!!!
We are starting 12hr shifts and at the mo, we are lone workers but when we move shifts then we will be working with someone else! A full 12hr for chatting to someone .... ooooo noooo i like to sit and browse the net, Not the most chattable thru the night when i am tired lol xxxxxxx

I don't think anyone will be that chatty half way through a 12 hour shift so you have nothing to worry about there i wouldnt have thought!! The only salvation for you would be if its busy and then the shift passes quicker. When the kids are in bed and settled here, time passes sooooo slowly, i feel like i have aged by the time the next shift get here: i probably look it too :)

Back