Who is worried about christmas

Dolly1971

I have to admit I am terrified of Christmas looming upon us, so many parties food and drink. Not got any idea's how to avoid it all. Anyone with great ideas to try and behave over Xmas, I think we would all like to hear.

I'm really scared of Christmas, and it's already derailing my diet attempts, i've had an awful week :(. As soon as "christmas is in the air" it's like i have an automatic reaction to begin eating everything in sight, supermarkets full of nice cakes and chocolates and treats i can't resist :(. Most people seem to overeat on Christmas day and maybe a couple of days surrounding it. My overeating starts mid-November and doesn't go away til the new year. Trying really hard to keep on track, i'm on a diet that isn't hard and which i've been on successfully all year so far so i don't see why i shouldn't be able to keep it up and just have one or two days off like a 'normal' person.

I dont have a problem with willpower when I am on a diet perse but at christmas I have a real problem with family sabotage - my family are mainly overweight and they say things like 'oh it wont hurt you' or 'one day off wont make any difference' and I know it will - so I want to be totally on my diet and tighten my resolve! The food adverts on the TV don't help I counted 4 in between coronation street the other night - how is that healthy!

I have done quite a few diets over the years and any that I've done over the christmas period had me dreading how I'd stay on plan or if I did have a 'day off' would I be able to get on... most times it would mess me up and I would give up and gain everything back. But not this year! the plan I'm doing will allow me to eat on christmas day and new years without feeling guilty... I am so glad I found out about the JUDDD plan!!!

Myself i am very scared about xmas like everyone have a few xmas work partiea and the day... Im on a vlcd so quite scared but my plan is to eat normal.and have a treat... But ill be dieting right up until xmas eve and go straight back onit on boxing day... It well mess up my diet but at the end of the day xmas is once a year! I juat need not to go overboard and think im treating myself by having just a dinner anyway... X x gl all on whateva u decide...

RawrGirl has been working on this for over a month now, and this her plan:

She is going away to see family from Sunday the 23rd through Jan 1st and is basically going "off" her diet....BUT, that does not mean a 10-day binge. She is planning on eating low carb/low cal for breakfast and lunch, supper will be whatever everyone else is having, but she will NOT overeat and stuff herself silly like other times. She is bringing LOTS of snacks to fill up on before supper (and between meals), such as red pepper and celery with Weight Watchers cream cheese and spinach dip. The one thing she craved this past month (RawrGirl lets herself eat whatever she wants one weekend a month, but December and January will just be that week...next weekend off will not be till Valentines Day) was cheetos, so she already bought herself a bag of baked cheetos.

The only thing she hasn't exactly worked out yet is the desserts. She wants to eat ONLY exactly what she wants rather than eating everything in sight just because it was there. Part of her thinks she should bring this scrumptious chocolate cake she loves since that is what she REALLY wants, but another part knows if she brings it, she WILL eat it, and perhaps she'd eat less if she didn't bring it, if there were only a few things she liked/wanted and she ate very small portions.

She's also considering making a low-sugar dessert to help her not eat the other stuff, but again, what if the calories added up to more than she would have eaten. So yea, haven't decided on that one yet. She may just pick up a bag of sugar-free assorted chocolates. One can't eat too many of those around other people anyway, lol.

Oh and she's also bringing her sports bra and sneakers and her goal is to weight the same on Jan 11th as she weighs on Dec 21 (giving herself 10 days to lose whatever weight/bloat she gains over the holiday). One of the reasons RawrGirl is rather confident this year is because she is almost at goal, she has never been this thin as an adult (now a size 6), and her family has not seen her in many months and doesn't know she's lost any weight. The last time they saw her she barely fit into her size 12's...so to remain in her brand new size 6's (she's not bringing bigger jeans with her) is a big motivator to not overeat and undo all her hard work.

I think I will enjoy Christmas and then get back on track the 27th Dec, already lost the plot a bit trying to be good but so hard this time of year. Also really hard when I am feeling tired as the end of term is coming....so need a break! The other thing playing on mind is a funeral of a family friend on Xmas eve, just going to eat and be merry and possibly do some extra walking and zumba sessions to hopefully do a little less damage!! Hey Ho, you only live once and all that jazz......;)

Back