Who never eats on weigh in day?????

I feel so lucky with a WI at 9:30. I still need to have two cups of tea and that feels like a struggle! Quite funny to see everyone rush to the kitchen for tea and then start eating breakfast!
Really feel for those who don't eat - amazed that you can do it - must feel like torture. xx

it does a bit but u do get used to it,

i do have breakfst though and drinks during day!!

I personally would KILL somebody if I didn't eat all day - I get so ratty when I'm hungry!!

I weigh in at 5:30 - I have my breakfast which is porridge, usually a piece of fruit for mid-morning snack then lunch at about 1ish. In the afternoon I tend to stick to drinks rather than snacks to as I have school runs to do then children's dinner before leaving the house. I have dinner with my hubby later on, but we generally eat later in the week, so that's no different.

I really really could not starve myself all day :(

I weigh in at 5.30pm, so I eat light all day and then have my dinner when I get home. I do eat though, I would fall over walking up there otherwise!

I weigh in at 7.20 after I've dropped my daughter at ballet. This week I ate 1 Muller lite and an apple all day. After group I walked up to collect her then walked home, at 9pm I fixed myself a chicken salad but was ready to eat my own arm by then.

lol dumpylump thats wot ive been saying all day im well hungry...

1 hr 45 min to go now........lol

(2 my weigh in)

Yeah, you're right. That's a fantastic idea. I just need to get through a whole week on the plan 100% :p

I usually take loads of fruit and diet coke for the minute after I have been weighed. Haha.

I think you will feel so much better, and get rid of the 'diet' mentality....i mean when you get to target, you dont want to not be able to eat for one whole day do ya?

Nope!!!

So try to change things now, and you can get out of the vicious circle you are in with a 'starved' day....

Its for the best....i promise x

I WI at 6:30 and Gods! there is NO WAY i could last that long without food! I eat breakfast, snacks and lunch as normal and at about 4:30 I have an apple or free yog, otherwise I'd eat my consultant!

I used to do this....then after a while, it escalated and other little things would creep in like, going to the bathroom before being weighed or wearing 'light' clothesand no shoes etc etc. CRAZY, I know!! Then my consultant told me that weekly weigh ins are just that - a WEEKLY amalgamation of your efforts. One day does not a difference make. And if you eat SW friendly meals throughout the day, it shouldn't matter.

It is tempting, so i compramise, i have breakfast and free food for lunch and i eat tea after weigh in.
Its not good for you to get so hungry you feel ill. The point of slimming world is to eat healthily, enjoy it and loose weight.

i found that by eating lots of grapes and strawberries on wi day it helps you flush your body through in a gentle way scan bran a couple day previous helps too

Well done Tanny! x

i eat breakfast, and dinner and then wait until after SW to have tea (i get home about 8!)
i had a jacket potato for dinner on monday and felt bad as i thought it would obv weigh me down more on the evening! lol

I used to do this....then after a while, it escalated and other little things would creep in like, going to the bathroom before being weighed or wearing 'light' clothesand no shoes etc etc. CRAZY, I know!! Then my consultant told me that weekly weigh ins are just that - a WEEKLY amalgamation of your efforts. One day does not a difference make. And if you eat SW friendly meals throughout the day, it shouldn't matter.

Oh no! Reading these comments makes me feel weird, not normal.
I don't tend to eat on wi day (but I will change that next week), I wear very light clothes each week, I go to the toilet before weigh in and I always take my shoes off. I didn't think this was weird! A good few girls in my group do it. We even take all our jewellery off too.

Oh well! I think I need to stop being so strict with it, and just enjoy it. That's probably the reason I have been yo yoing lately. Sigh.

This is all so strange! I eat normally on WI day, have my dinner/tea then get weighed at 7pm.

I don't think one day of food is going to make an impact on the scales. I mean, really? Are you going to gain a pound in just one day?

I had a beef dinner on Monday night before weighing and I'd still lost 2lbs.

I do find that I eat worse on WI day though. Lots of junk and synful foods. Not sure why, think possibly cos I count Tuesday as the start of my weighing week...

I must admit that I've never understood why people choose to do that. It's a psychological thing I suppose but not eating on WI day or cutting back isn't going to change what the scales say that day. As said your WI result is an accumulation of your effort over the whole week. I always treated WI day just the same as any other. I think you would find it very helpful to get over this mental barrier now.

Back