Who never eats on weigh in day?????

I have scales at home, and accurate ones at that (they match with SW scales), and there is a difference when I have eaten and when I've not. I'm not advocating it, because I understand it's detrimental to starve yourself.

I think what it is for me, is that when I wake up, I am always lighter than at night, because I haven't eaten anything. So I try to maintain that weight all day until my weigh in.

And I think eating does make a difference, not so much in the actual weight you've gained/lost, but as in what's inside your body at that particular point and thus adding extra weight.

One lady form my group went and had a subway before weigh in and gained five pounds, despite the fat that she has sts earlier in the day when she had sneakily jumped on the scales in Tesco.

Either way, I'm going to an earlier group today, so my weigh in is at 12. Hooray.

And I think eating does make a difference, not so much in the actual weight you've gained/lost, but as in what's inside your body at that particular point and thus adding extra weight.

THATS EXCACTLY WOT I THINK!!

ive also tried it have something to each then jump on scales
!!
Good luck with youway in hun!!!1

I have scales at home, and accurate ones at that (they match with SW scales), and there is a difference when I have eaten and when I've not. I'm not advocating it, because I understand it's detrimental to starve yourself.

I think what it is for me, is that when I wake up, I am always lighter than at night, because I haven't eaten anything. So I try to maintain that weight all day until my weigh in.

One lady form my group went and had a subway before weigh in and gained five pounds, despite the fat that she has sts earlier in the day when she had sneakily jumped on the scales in Tesco.

Either way, I'm going to an earlier group today, so my weigh in is at 12. Hooray.

It's sad, but this is the way I think and behave too.

Don't particularly like it, but I can't seem to help it, and it's worked so far...

we've all done this at one time or another

Hey Devotchka! I didn't mean to make you feel weird, I guess what I meant was I used to take so much stock in what I'd done that WI day, instead of focussing on the week as whole...and it affected me negatively.

I know that having a heavy meal right before WI may make the scales go nuts, but to eat something during the day is what I mean. Our bodies are something like 70% water anyway so we'd fluctuate no matter what, and starving during the day just predicts a binge when I get home...not good.

HI ALL,

i lost 3lbs yesterday at weigh in!!!!

and got my stone sticker!!!!!

and i also won slimmer of the week too!!

am well chuffed!!

HAVE LOST 1 STONE 2LBS IN 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!

0_half_stone.jpg
1_stone.jpg

slimmer_of_week.jpg

well done hun!!!! you are doing fantastically well!!!

Although it's really illogical, I try to only eat 'light' foods on weigh in day, like salad. Some part of my brain has decided if the food I eat doesnt weight much, I can't put that much on...By that logic though I could start eating biscuits cos they dont weight much.....;)

I WI at 9.45am, so it's not quite so bad for me - I do always have breakfast, but I always have the same thing - 2 weetabix with milk, a banana, a few strawberries (if I've got them in) and either 1 cup of coffee or 1 can of diet coke. I work on the basis that if I have exactly the same every week it won't make any difference.

To me that's the key, do what you do each week. I weigh in at 7pm so have breakfash and lunch normally plus my usual snacks and drinks I couldn't possibly go all day on nothing. I don't have dinner before weigh in though and do tend to wear similar clothes each week and have always taken shoes and jewelry off.

Well done Tanny :clap:

it's weigh day today, and although i haven't eaten still, i am drinking today! so that's a start! i am expecting a gain anyway so thought i'd drink today and will every week from now on.

maybe after Ibiza i will eat breakfast on weigh day too, and then i can every week!

I've allowed myself a small bowl of porridge for lunch today (missed breakfast) and a glass of water. Have to have something or else I'll get dizzy :eek:

Hopefully that'll be me until 6pm tonight :eek:

if you weigh in at night or later afternoon i really do think you should at least eat breakfast even if you go for long walk after you might make yourself ill! esp not drinkn either... please dont take it in nasty way im not juding anyone at all just worried about your health... also when you eventually eat on weigh in because you havnt eaten all day food you eats go straight stored as body asnt eaten so start of new week in negative way.

i weigh in at 5.30... i eat breakfast, small lunch a yogurt and drink water up until 3.30 then i wait until after weigh in for a drink and have my dinner when get home.. if im good dont effect me at all, also i know ive lost real weight and feel proud and not because i havnt eaten :)

if u eat alot on weigh day then you will weigh more! when i used to do s.w it before i tried this,i weighed myself b4 then ate breakfast and lunch got on the scales and i was 1and half pound heavier!

i never eat loads on weigh in day a normal breakfast and fruit for lunch then thats it.

even if you have been 100% all week and eat a lot on weigh day it will effect it,some people disagree well that is their opinion but i know in myself that it effects my weight loss.!

anyway rant over lol:D

if u eat alot on weigh day then you will weigh more! when i used to do s.w it before i tried this,i weighed myself b4 then ate breakfast and lunch got on the scales and i was 1and half pound heavier!

i never eat loads on weigh in day a normal breakfast and fruit for lunch then thats it.

even if you have been 100% all week and eat a lot on weigh day it will effect it,some people disagree well that is their opinion but i know in myself that it effects my weight loss.!

anyway rant over lol:D

I feel like i am repeating myself here but have to put my point accross again.

I agree in part with what you are saying - if you eat a lot in the day you will weigh more in the evening at weigh in.

My point is to try to break this 'starving' cycle....thats the best plan for the long term surely??!!?!?

So, lets just say this week you have lost 3lb at weigh in by not eating much on weigh day to get the 'optimum' loss. But instead of not eating lets rewind....and yummy! you do have something to eat in the day and instead of losing 3lbs, you lose 1lb (as you have gained 2lbs in the day from eating your normal food).

Surely that is a better approach - a more sensible one - as the following week you will be able to eat on the weigh day and know you will still lose weight (if you have been good on plan of course)?

Just my view about this matter, so please dont shoot me down for it - i really think its something that shouldnt be encouraged especially for evening weigh ins as starving to lose weight is not something SW would advocate.

x

i lost 2lb and i had drunk a litre of water this morning :) so i will drink every week now. after ibiza (next weekend) I will also have breakfast on weigh day, and will do that every week following :)

ellebear i understand where your coming from hun
but i do eat on weigh day, just not loads,
i have never said i starve myself!
everyone is entiltled to there opinion but if i feel i dont agree then i will have my say too as i too feel like im repeating myself.
i think using the words starving yourself is wrong,i have never done that and ive never said that so i think that was a little unfair!

anyway wot lovely weather we have out there 2day cant wait for my bbq later!!!

ellebear i understand where your coming from hun
but i do eat on weigh day, just not loads,
i have never said i starve myself!
everyone is entiltled to there opinion but if i feel i dont agree then i will have my say too as i too feel like im repeating myself.
i think using the words starving yourself is wrong,i have never done that and ive never said that so i think that was a little unfair!

anyway wot lovely weather we have out there 2day cant wait for my bbq later!!!

Agreed perhaps starving was quite a harsh word to use - i perhaps should have used depriving/restricting instead to get my point across - apologies hun xxx

Yes, get the barbie out - syn free sausages all round!!! :D xxx

Back