Who or what sabotages your weight loss

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I have been sitting here thinking about it and i think it is my work.
I have been trying to get them to pay me more for the work that i do and they refuse giving all sorts of crap excuses. then someone says, "Well so and so is in the same boat as you and i am finding it impossible to get them a rise, and they are on less than a TA". They forget that i do the workforce census and i know everyones wage and i know for a fact that i earn about 2k more than a TA and this person in question is on over 3k more than me.
It makes me so angry and fed up that this is what i think makes me eat more.

what does it for you?

(forgot to mention that i work in a school.)

I am the one who sabotages my weight loss.
There are things which can trigger a sabotage but nothing makes me do it.

For me - being in town - Starbucks/Costa, huge saboteurs but only I buy the food there.

Saturday nights can be a saboteur, so I try not to give into the "naughty" munchies in Tesco as it's me who buys them

Cakes and buffets at work are a killer.... but I have to not go into the kitchen.

If we want it, we can do it. Identifying the saboteurs is the key then we can deal with it.

I have been sitting here thinking about it and i think it is my work.
I have been trying to get them to pay me more for the work that i do and they refuse giving all sorts of crap excuses. then someone says, "Well so and so is in the same boat as you and i am finding it impossible to get them a rise, and they are on less than a TA". They forget that i do the workforce census and i know everyones wage and i know for a fact that i earn about 2k more than a TA and this person in question is on over 3k more than me.
It makes me so angry and fed up that this is what i think makes me eat more.

what does it for you?

(forgot to mention that i work in a school.)

I work at a college.

Its the holidays that do me in, at work I can't eat whenever I want and have fruit at break salad & fruit salad for lunch then dinner when I get home.

On holidays I try to keep to the same times of eating and the same things but find I will wonder around the kitchen looking for food to eat. I do tend to still snack on free foods but its like throughout the entire day.
I also don't get out and cycle as often ( cycle 2 or 3 times a week to work 6 mile round trip). When I'm off I will only do about 2 trips but do try to up the miles.

The lady who Kev employs behind the bar tried to when we first started SW... I asked for help on here how to deal with it, and she no longer does, thanks to the people who posted how I could tell her (without being nasty!) to not bring in goodies etc...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

he he he my line manager just had a meeting with her line manager about my wages and basically told them that i have applied for another job, and if i leave they will have to employ two more members of staff to cover what i do. They are pooping it. (whoops couldnt spell poop)

The only one who can sabotage my weight loss is myself. Nobody is forcing me to eat. I believe that blaming anyone else is passing the buck when the reality is, it is wholly my responsibility. It is something that is within my sole control, nobody elses.

(And that is what I told myself when I gained 5 lbs last week!)

Definitely ME.

Triggers are being with friends with a bottle of wine. When I have had a few drinks then get the munchies so a downward spiral.

As I live in a pub there are always friends coming in, and if I am not busy then I sit down with them...

So only drinking one day a week now - saving my syns up - (makes me sound like an alchoholic).

Got a hen weekend tomorrow, dreading the evening, diet wise. Need willpower. Need Willpower. Need Will power (keep telling myself).

needwillpower said:
Definitely ME.

Triggers are being with friends with a bottle of wine. When I have had a few drinks then get the munchies so a downward spiral.

As I live in a pub there are always friends coming in, and if I am not busy then I sit down with them...

So only drinking one day a week now - saving my syns up - (makes me sound like an alchoholic).

Got a hen weekend tomorrow, dreading the evening, diet wise. Need willpower. Need Willpower. Need Will power (keep telling myself).

Live in a pub too... Nightmare isn't it? Dieting wise... I only drink at weekends now and stick to vodkas as wine was affecting my weight loss... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I too blame me.... . ....I am just such a disaster at times like right now

Me, myself and I!!

Why? I'm still trying to figure that one out!

My OH who four weeks in is still not getting the hint that i no longer want cheese toasties at midnight or chocolate numerous times a day!
Also a bit miffed that am back to full time working mode for summer during uni holidays and my boss knows am doing SW yet has insisted on putting me on nearly every week between now and end of August on the evening that i go to my group! fair enough i can go to another group but they are few and far between where i live and i dont drive!

Live in a pub too... Nightmare isn't it? Dieting wise... I only drink at weekends now and stick to vodkas as wine was affecting my weight loss... xx

Yes I only drink on Sunday and Monday now, but wine, - and have managed to stop the picking inn the kitchen which was another killer.

xx

Me. I seem to have cracked the comfort eating thing, but when I'm feeling chipper I want to celebrate with FOOD. Today has been great but have had the real munchies and have kept sneaking food. Who I think I'm kidding I don't know.

Have had a day of compliments from both staff and kids (SEN teens) at school, which seems to only have made me worse. So cross with myself. Off to the gym now to try to undo some of the damage!

I would have to say "me", after this weeks. i have synned terribly. all due to me having a sore back and feeling sorry for myself and not being able to run.

It's me. I grab a biscuit or chocolate or crisps cos it's quick. An apple or other fruit is also quick but I never seem to go for that when I'm in the mood for munching. I eat when I'm happy or sad. I reward myself with food and I console myself with food. Noone forces me.
Most of the time it's laziness that casues me to eat rubbish. I always convince myself it will take too long to make something healthy even though it takes just as long to make something unhealthy. I just need to alter my mindset. Easier said than done.

Definitely 100% the way I handle emotions, although I try to find other reasons or other things to blame. The phrase "there's so much going on at the moment" has become my mantra over the last year or so and thanks to that I'm now 2.5 stone heavier.

I'm normally very well behaved at home and at work it's when I meet up with friends I have my downfall!

Like dominos pizza and cookies this week *gasp*

K

Back