Whole Earth Peanut Butter

Mom2Ben

Hi,

Does anyone know what the syn value is for Whole Earth Peanut Butter (smooth)? I know that normal peanut butter is 4.5 syns per tablespoon but Whole Earth is sugar free so I was hoping it was slightly less! It really keeps me full all morning so I want to still be able to have it in the morning on toast.

The nutritional value is below:

Typical values Per 100g
Energy 2466kJ/595 kcal
Protein 24.6g
Carbohydrate 9.9g
of which sugars 3.7g
Fat 50.8g
of which saturates 9.1g
Fibre 7.1g
Sodium 0.4g
Salt 1.0g

Many thanks

30 syns for 100g.

won't have any free food allowance so you can work out stuff like that using the 1 syn = 20 calories rule of thumb :).

Thank you! Does the 1 syn = 20 calories stand regardless of the fat content or is it an estimate? Always wanted an easier way to work out syns :)

Thank you! Does the 1 syn = 20 calories stand regardless of the fat content or is it an estimate? Always wanted an easier way to work out syns :)

yep it works for anything with no free food allowance. If it has a free food then you have to use the syns calculator, selecting your free food first.

I checked the calculator for you, just to be sure and it is spot on, I haven't once found the calculation to be wrong for items without a free food.

Yikes! 30 syns...
If you were to just have 10g (most thinly spread toast ever!) would I be right in thinking that would be 3 syns?

Back