Whole30 - first ever attempt.

Hey girls - great to see I'm not alone. Still sticking with it - although I have caught myself with non whole 30 stuff in my mouth at times (made biscuits with the kids and had half in my fat gob before I realised but I did spit it out & I did say what the hell I need a mini snickers one day - but I chewed up the first bit and then spat it out - sounds gross but it is about teaching yourself new habits.
Eating quite plain but there are some fab recipes on Pinterest. Coconut and chilli chicken is going to feature next week with cauliflower rice, which I think is yum.
I think any changes that see you eating cleaner are going to have benefits even if not on the scales straight off - I am sleeping better, my stomach is much flatter and no mid afternoon slumps. I need to get my body fat measured - any suggestions where or with what? Under 40% to start and then under 30% as goal.
@ Sukie - I just could never manage abstinence, paelo should be a doddle in comparison - there's actually loads of stuff you can eat - I'm not even thinking about desserts, mince pies etc - beyond the fact that they will harm my body, harm my goals and do me no good. My Xmas mantra. lol.

I measure my body fat at the machine in boots!!!

: ) X

hey , i bought a set of scales , worls well , measures visceral fat too and you can upload it onto your computer via the memory stick and follow your progress salter mibody i think its called , well worth the investment a few years ago . day 1 done this end yesterday onto day 2 , lol first day ever eating salad with my omelett for brekki :0D guess i need to get into the meal 1, 2 3 mind set :0)

Went to Boots in Ennis and they haven't even got a regular weighing scales :rolleyes:, so non the wiser on the body fat thing. Think I'll wait til the sales and have a look for the salter one as I don't own any scales at all.
Breakfast is the odd one - mine tends to be stir fry type things as I don't eat eggs or just tea, a slice of bacon and a handful of nuts if not in an eating mood. If having a fried breakfast then it's a homemade pork mince pattie type thing, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes.
Gone and done a 5k jog/walk plus 15 mins on space walker for the last 2 mornings. Finding it easier to jog for longer on roads than the usual forest tracks, want to keep it up for 3 mornings at least and one 10k cycle until Xmas. Bought a pinafore dress today & I just need to be a little trimmer to carry it off ...
Dinner today was beef stew with sweet potatoes. yum. There's a ready to use beef stock from Knorr that is whole 30 compliant - yay.

Crashed and burned. Vodka and toast .... not together .... 3 vodkas last night and toast with breakfast this morning.
I am rubbish with willpower no greater than my hellhound dog (who has eaten half a kennel, half a sofa, the inside of her cushion, a bag of rubbish, a barbie doll and several plastic containers this week oh and all the table scraps and dog food).
But suck it up girl. Did my airwalking this morning and 40 mins of lengths at the pool.
Nuts for lunch - how apt. And dinner of stir fry chicken, bacon, peppers in homemade chicken stock with chilli butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Miixed fruit salad for afters.

Crashed and burned. Vodka and toast .... not together .... 3 vodkas last night and toast with breakfast this morning.
I am rubbish with willpower no greater than my hellhound dog (who has eaten half a kennel, half a sofa, the inside of her cushion, a bag of rubbish, a barbie doll and several plastic containers this week oh and all the table scraps and dog food).
But suck it up girl. Did my airwalking this morning and 40 mins of lengths at the pool.
Nuts for lunch - how apt. And dinner of stir fry chicken, bacon, peppers in homemade chicken stock with chilli butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Miixed fruit salad for afters.

Don't talk yourself down! You've switched from a diet culture that positively revels in processed foods to a way of eating that is much better for your body. One slipup doesn't make you rubbish, it makes you human. And look how long you stuck to plan before the slipup. :)

All that said, to make things easier for yourself in future, think about why you needed toast and do something about it now. Was it a texture thing? Make and freeze sliced paleo bread so it's there next time. Was it being fed up with your paleo brekkies? Go online and find 7 compliant breakfasts that look really exciting to you, and eat them over the next week. Were you a bit delicate after the vodka? Find a breakfast that fits into that now so that if it happens again you don't even have to think about it. Etc. x

Back