Whoo she's here! :D

Lissy25

Hey ladies hope you and babies are all well :)

As you know I was due to go for an induction at 8am on Thurs 10th Sep however when I got up at 6:30am on Wed to go for my hourly wee and there was a gush of water before I'd started to pee not long after came some mild contractions so I went for a soak in the bath for a couple of hours then woke up my OH and daughter. We got ready and went to his mums house (that's where our daughter was going to stay plus she lives close to the hospital). At about 1pm I went into the hospital and they monitored babes heartbeat for a while then I was taken into a room to be examined, when we got in there the midwife said she didn't want to examine me because my contractions didn't seem strong and if it was only my hind waters that had broken she didn't want to risk breaking the other one (forewaters? ^^) I told her I was really good with pain which is why it didn't look like my contractions were strong so she examined me and my proper waters had broken and I was 4cm's dialated so I was taken to the delivery suite. After a few hours a midwife examined me (which hurt) and after that my contractions got really strong and were coming every 2 minutes (I wish she'd done the sweep when I was 40 weeks :D). The epidural was put in and the next hour or so was bliss all I felt was a little pressure when a contraction came but that didn't last long cos about an hour later I was wriggling around in the bed and managed to pull the epidural wire out of my back so the pain quickly returned and although the anesthetist said he would put it back the midwife said I was too far dialated (9cm) and it wasn't worth it
:cry:about an hour later Faye was born. Luckily I didn't see the next bit but my OH said when she came out she was completely blue and the cord was wrapped around her neck the midwife (who had been there alone) unwrapped the cord and put her on my belly which is when I noticed she wasn't doing anything so I started to rub her with the towel (like I'd seen on birth programmes) while she pressed the emergency button, a few seconds later 2 more midwives ran in and rushed her to the cot where they eventually got her breathing.

Since then it's just been diddies out and dirty nappies :D she's a really good baby and I'm loving it :D

index.php

index.php

awww she's gorgeous.
congratulations and well done you x

Shes just perfect!! well done hunni!!

Well done for being so calm as wel, sounds like a dramatic entrance into the world

lol at diddies out and dirty nappies! oh the joys!!

xxxxxxxx

Congratulations, she's beautiful!!

Enjoy those first few days, they're so precious!

ok. 2nd attempt at this post! lol
Congratulations!!
Sorry that you had to go without epidural in the end, and that little Faye was floppy and gave you all a scare, but glad that all was fine ((hugs)) also that you helped with the rubbing I'm sure that will have helped and from what I understand the cord supplys oxygen for a certain time frame after birth too. ((Hugs)) must've been scary though.

Hope you are all getting on well and must say she is a stunner! :D really lovely photos'.
((hugs))

Well done she is so cute x

Well done hunni, she is just gorgeous and glad everything turned out alright in the end! :) xxx

Back