Who's Got Their Christmas Tree Up?

My daughters got to put up two lots today, Nannys first, then ours!

Aww Bex, my daughter's the same! She wants to go round to Grandma's to help put hers up too! :D

Mrs Depp, it'll have to be one of those mini christmas trees, not much room in my hall room for all the mess :eek:

Sorry Curvy, that's what I meant to say lol! Just a mini one, they look very cute. :D

Can't wait to relish in the Christmas festivities with my boyfriend, tis our first Christmas together :D

Anyone know where I can get a sprig of mistletoe from? ;) :D

Awww, you won't need mistletoe hun! ;);):D

you arrange the baubles and lights?:eek: You don't just throw them and see where they land?:D

Haha! No, but my daughter seems to like to put as many baubles as possible on one branch! Must admit, I'm very very fussy about how my tree looks - to the point of taking it all off last year 'cos I couldn't get them to 'look right"! :rolleyes::eek:

Joking aside, when we do get our tree up before my students finish for the end of term, I just love seeing their faces.

I know that one or two tone colour schemes look rather lovely, but we go for a multi colour effect. It's full of interesting items dating back 50 years.

It started when my father found a tiny little beer bottle ornament when I was one or two years old. It was added to the tree, then something else new or found (if appropriate) added each year.

It takes an age to put them all on, but it brings back some happy memories and the kids just love exploring. it's certainly different and we get lots of oooos and ahhhhhs:cool: quote]

Yeah, my mum gave me some of her mum's glass baubles a couple of years ago. They're probably painted with lead based paint they're so old! Most of it's worn off over the decades, but I don't put them on the tree just in case they get broken, they're kept wrapped up in a box.

don't put them on the tree just in case they get broken, they're kept wrapped up in a box.

I think all our old baubles are broken:eek: but there's loads of other things. Little wooden bible, a scroll, some crystals, oh and a couple of little weave baskets that hold a tiny choc egg etc. I just add the pine cones and cinnamon stick thingies and it looks 'interesting' :D

I did buy a rather lovely santa card holder for my piano. He dangles his legs over the front of the piano. Reckon the kids will like it :)

Also got some of these today. Lakeland have them on buy one get one free :clap:

Look better than the picture
40877_normal.jpg

Oh they're lovely Karion. Are the 'bottoms' glass? :D

I've got my tree done up sort of 'modern' again this year with crystal stars and the baubles are pale shades of lilac, pink, white, blue and silver. Sounds boring and plain but looks okay lol. :D

Oh they're lovely Karion. Are the 'bottoms' glass? :D

Yes :)

I've got my tree done up sort of 'modern' again this year with crystal stars and the baubles are pale shades of lilac, pink, white, blue and silver. Sounds boring and plain but looks okay lol. :D

Not boring at all:cool:

NOW I feel Christmassy. Was at my parents tonight & the local Round Table came with their annual 'Santa visit' they have a fab sleigh all lit up with Xmas music blaring out and Santa in it.

The look on my nieces face when we went out was fantastic.... thats just exactly what Christmas is all about :)

Aww isn't that sweet? :D:D We have a Santa sleigh that comes around our area each year collecting for charity too. It's brilliant for the kids that still believe isn't it? :D

I always used to put the tree up on my son's birthday, 15th Dec. Now he's left home and has a home of his own, I have passed on all the baubles, they were passed on to me by my mum and gran, and some are years and years old. Nowadays, I have one of those fibre optic thingys, just take it down from the loft and plug it in. Not the same, but at least its something. But, we always have outside lights decorating the house, I just love to come home to them in the late evenings, hubby has them on a timer, so they are on once it gets dark.

Don't know yet Mrs D, she does follow lights around the room, I bought her one of those Fisher Price thingy's that do a light show on the ceiling, walls etc, and she loves it. Hopefully, she will enjoy the Christmas tree lights too. (I know my cats do!)

Aww bless her! :D Just wait until next year when she's toddling around trying to grab hold of the tree lights instead of your cats lol. :D

My cat isn't the least bit bothered about my tree or lights, he's too old and lazy I think. :D

Back