Why 810 after 12 weeks SS

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Staffdieter, 9 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Staffdieter

Staffdieter Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.45%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Please could someone let me know why it is neccessary to go onto 810 for a week after 12 weeks of SS. I know the government reccomend this, so CD have to follow it, but why do the government reccomend it? Do people find it difficult to go back onto SS after the week on 810?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wellandgood

wellandgood Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.38%)
    Diet:
    WW points
    Im not sure why the government recommend it but I was told that I need to step up to ss+ for a week(not 810). anyway, I pretty sure it has to do with not burning up lean muscle mass and boosting the metabolism for a week. After the 12th week of VLCD the body tends to start burning the mucsle. I am not an expert and Im sure someone will be along shoertly to explain it better. Doesnt your cdc know?(actually come to think of it, mine never told me why either hhmm)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.